Disgusterous

Author Topic: The great no weather mystery (solved)  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The great no weather mystery (solved)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »
Discounted down to £62 with Amazon Prime at the moment.  :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-Weather-Station-Control-German/dp/B0170A47DI/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=weather+station&qid=1583877677&sr=8-6

You may want to put it through old Buckethead's Amazon link if it is still functional just to save his feelings like..
Ordered  :thumbsup:

Seems there's a 50:50 chance it'll work with the old sensors

Friday 13th...?  noooo:
In general I love Friday 13ths

(but ordered yesterday and arriving tomorrow)

You are either insane to tempt fate on his day or the Anti-Nick.....  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-Weather-Station-Control-German/dp/B0170A47DI/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=weather+station&qid=1583877677&sr=8-6

You may want to put it through old Buckethead's Amazon link if it is still functional just to save his feelings like..

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 03:34:43 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Nah, must have said this countless times:  I was born on a Friday 13th (one of the few things I have in common with Old Trolborn) and I got engaged on a Friday 13th
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Nah, must have said this countless times:  I was born on a Friday 13th (one of the few things I have in common with Old Trolborn) and I got engaged on a Friday 13th

You ARE the Anti-Nick  worthy:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Does that title come with an idiot looking costume I have to change into in a phone box?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 05:12:04 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Does that title come with an idiot looking costume I have to change into in a phone box?

It used to but since Nick stopped wearing the codpiece of calamity, tights of trauma and cape of cock ups because he thought it made him look daft there isn't much point now.  whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

It used to but since Nick stopped wearing the codpiece of calamity, tights of trauma and cape of cock ups because he thought it made him look daft there isn't much point now.  whistle:

Well tempting as you make the role sound (it was well paid wasn't it) I have to confess that Nick and I have actually been in the same room and we didn't self extinguish each other's existence in a blinding flash of electro magnetic radiation

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Well tempting as you make the role sound (it was well paid wasn't it) I have to confess that Nick and I have actually been in the same room and we didn't self extinguish each other's existence in a blinding flash of electro magnetic radiation

Cancelled each other out you say...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Need a Feyman diagram methinks.  An anti Nick would be the same as a real Nick travelling backwards in time.  So if true I'll be signing up here in 7 years time   (7 years?    I only popped in to see if you'd seen my Claws identity wind up at 'cough)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Need a Feyman diagram methinks.  An anti Nick would be the same as a real Nick travelling backwards in time.  So if true I'll be signing up here in 7 years time   (7 years?    I only popped in to see if you'd seen my Claws identity wind up at 'cough)

Ah but you are attributing actual scientific method to Nick's uncanny ability for chaos and cock ups. It's more likely that the Anti-Nick would be travelling in the same temporal direction but would have first appeared some time after Nick when the gubberation energies reached critical mass.  rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 05:55:12 PM »

Friday 13th...?  noooo:

Ah but you are attributing actual scientific method to Nick's uncanny ability for chaos and cock ups. It's more likely that the Anti-Nick would be travelling in the same temporal direction but would have first appeared some time after Nick when the gubberation energies reached critical mass.  rubschin:

[quantum mechanics mode]  possibly   [/mode]

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2020, 09:56:44 AM »

Finally installed the sensors on the pole (what a bastard job that was trying to hold the ladder with one hand, manoeuvre the pole into the bracket with two more hands and tighten it all up with another hand  rubschin:

Anyway all is working, thanks Meister for the suggestion  :thumbsup:

Gives us what we want: easy to read display of wind gust speeds so when we hear a real windy woo we can glance down an see what it was.  Not that there's any at the moment

But can anyone spot the awkward design flaw?  Clue:  think electrical

And talking of windyometers anyone remember that one I broke and said the repair might last two days.  No?  Well anyway it's still working.  You can just see the splint on the leg of the cup on the right

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2020, 10:16:37 AM »

Finally installed the sensors on the pole (what a bastard job that was trying to hold the ladder with one hand, manoeuvre the pole into the bracket with two more hands and tighten it all up with another hand  rubschin:

Gives us what we want: easy to read display of wind gust speeds so when we hear a real windy woo we can glance down an see what it was.  Not that there's any at the moment

And talking of windyometers anyone remember that one I broke and said the repair might last two days.  No?  Well anyway it's still working.  You can just see the splint on the leg of the cup on the right

Looks good!  Thumbs:

Build the weather station that has been in the back of the cupboard for years you say...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2020, 10:29:18 AM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

Build the weather station that has been in the back of the cupboard for years you say...?  rubschin:
redface:

Did I ever say I didn't have cupboardware?

Actually I've got a working area in the garage half full of Scalextric and half full of things that are sort of broken a bit and I think I can fix (but of course never will) 

if that Tracy Emin can get £thousands for an unmade bed I figure this should be worth a million

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2020, 10:47:13 AM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

redface:

Did I ever say I didn't have cupboardware?

Actually I've got a working area in the garage half full of Scalextric and half full of things that are sort of broken a bit and I think I can fix (but of course never will) 

if that Tracy Emin can get £thousands for an unmade bed I figure this should be worth a million

LL's BiL collects that older (pre Scalextric) stuff and restores them - is it Minix or something?

He has miles of it... Don't know how he finds the enthusiasm to stick with something like that for so long... Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: