Author Topic: Squirrels are the spawn of Satan  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Squirrels are the spawn of Satan
« on: September 30, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
Picked up a load of daff bulbs from Sainsbury the other day. Planted them in pots.

Squirrels have dug almost all of them up, taken a few bites out of each and then chucked them aside   cussing:

I am reminded of a time some years ago when I caught a squirrel scrumping off my apple tree. I yelled at it and it threw an apple at me!!  cussing: cussing: cussing:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Squirrels are the spawn of Satan
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
Picked up a load of daff bulbs from Sainsbury the other day. Planted them in pots.

Squirrels have dug almost all of them up, taken a few bites out of each and then chucked them aside   cussing:

I am reminded of a time some years ago when I caught a squirrel scrumping off my apple tree. I yelled at it and it threw an apple at me!!  cussing: cussing: cussing:

whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »
 evil:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »

point: point: point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
Should have ordered on-line ......... Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 08:31:13 PM »
Should have ordered on-line ......... Thumbs:

Nick................order squirrels...............FROM TESCO ONLINE?? ARE YOU BARKING MAD...?  scared2:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 09:28:55 PM »
Perhaps some music will help you relax Nick....  whistle:

http://youtu.be/AzsbEsy8GTU

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 07:37:22 AM »

Did you put any peanuts out for them?

No, so it’s all your fault then

Love squirrels, they make us larf

Oh and if you leave bulbs out they’ll plant them for you
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »
Call the police, there's been a murder...

I live on the 2nd floor and am surrounded by trees. Bigger squirrels are all around but for the past month or so I've spotted 2 juvenile squirrels in the trees outside hooning around like lunatics and initial thoughts are that they are siblings. Obviously trying out their acrobatic skills, testing how far they can annoy the crows/magpies. Regular conflagrations commonplace, which the beady-eyed birds generally win.

This afternoon, the 2 squiggles appeared again, darting up and down different trees and eventually settling down to a bit of - what seemed to me - a full-on wrestling match, as they have done before. Then it turned...one of the combatants suddenly shot 20ft further up the tree and the other went halfway up the branch and then proceded to - again to me - mark his/her territory by squating and pissing halfway up that branch. Fascinated, I fetched another cup of tea beer and returned. The pisser then shot up the branch and before I knew it, one of the combatants suddenly fell - must be 40ft - onto the 6ft wide concrete path below. I heard the thud. Hedges either side mean I couldn't see what happened next. Could it survive that?  sad24:

Before the sun set, I spotted one of the juveniles in another tree. Only one though.

Offline Nick

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 05:11:57 PM »
Call the police, there's been a murder...

I live on the 2nd floor and am surrounded by trees. Bigger squirrels are all around but for the past month or so I've spotted 2 juvenile squirrels in the trees outside hooning around like lunatics and initial thoughts are that they are siblings. Obviously trying out their acrobatic skills, testing how far they can annoy the crows/magpies. Regular conflagrations commonplace, which the beady-eyed birds generally win.

This afternoon, the 2 squiggles appeared again, darting up and down different trees and eventually settling down to a bit of - what seemed to me - a full-on wrestling match, as they have done before. Then it turned...one of the combatants suddenly shot 20ft further up the tree and the other went halfway up the branch and then proceded to - again to me - mark his/her territory by squating and pissing halfway up that branch. Fascinated, I fetched another cup of tea beer and returned. The pisser then shot up the branch and before I knew it, one of the combatants suddenly fell - must be 40ft - onto the 6ft wide concrete path below. I heard the thud. Hedges either side mean I couldn't see what happened next. Could it survive that?  sad24:

Before the sun set, I spotted one of the juveniles in another tree. Only one though.
sad32:

Just love grey squirrels, so entertaining but they need to get a new press agent.  The one the red squirrels have is doing too good a job
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:13:34 PM by Steve »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 05:56:29 PM »
We have 2 that terrorise our garden . The feckin attitude on them as well  evil:

They may not be there for too much longer  whistle:
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 06:09:05 PM »
We have 2 that terrorise our garden . The feckin attitude on them as well  evil:

Yeah but...fluffy tails. I realise that the Orcs from Nottinghamshire probably see them primarily as a food source, there being little else in Nottinghamshire apart from cabbage, roadkill and diseased studends, there is, however, something enchanting about the Surrey ones. Perhaps they are different to the Inner London drug-addled ones?

Offline Nick

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
 ::)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »

Yeah but...fluffy tails. I realise that the Orcs from Nottinghamshire probably see them primarily as a food source, there being little else in Nottinghamshire apart from cabbage, roadkill and diseased studends, there is, however, something enchanting about the Surrey ones. Perhaps they are different to the Inner London drug-addled ones?
lol: lol: lol:  :thumbsup: