Author Topic: Pouring drink down the sink  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Pouring drink down the sink
« on: August 08, 2019, 07:42:39 PM »
So Cook decides to clear out the all new pantry she gained last year.   And clearly some stuff has to go

Half a bottle of white left over from the BBQ and we never put in the fridge easy decision.  A shite bottle of red 1/5 drunk similar

But then we came across 3 unopened bottles of Harveys Bristol Cream?   Who drinks that anymore?  AFAIK they date from when work used to give us a bottle every Christmas and that ended last century.  The only person that drank it was my dad and he died in 2002 so what to do with 3 bottles of that sickly shite?

Well we opened one tasted it (OK for HBC) and poured it down the sink.  Any advice on what to do with the other two?  No one is ever going to want to drink it, doubt a charity shop wants it and we know of no recipes that use it

PS we found a bottle of menthe liqueur (awaits python jokes) apparently bought in France in francs so that must be a bit ancienne too and likewise who on earth would drink it?   Not I for sure

Is it a VP crime to pour alcohol in good nick down a sink?

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Pouring drink down the sink
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »
True story:

Alcoholic friend of Pink SIs staying at friend's flat needs a drink. INspects cupboards. Finds and consumes:

Half bottle of Creme de Menthe
2 beers
Half bottle of old sherry
Bottle red wine
Some Bailey's

Feels peckish and finds some Pork Pie in the fridge

Throws up

"I think that Pork Pie was off"
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 08:12:16 PM »
 ;D

It's ridiculous our drinks collection.  Bottle after bottle of sticky liqueur stuff bought once, sampled once and forgotten.  I've even got a Jack Daniels lake.  Thing is I like beer, she likes Malbecs, Riocas and a few other reds and why drink other stuff if you've got those in stock?

But pouring alcohol down the sink just seems wrong

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »
Give it to an alcy friend or relative. Include a Pork Pie in the care package  angel1

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:45 PM »
Give it to an alcy friend or relative. Include a Pork Pie in the care package  angel1
:thumbsup:   lol: lol: lol:

I don't have any alcy friends or relatives though.  Maybe we should just come up with a  eveilgrin: plan.   

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:27:17 PM »
Apey?

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 08:32:48 PM »
Apey?
Well I was thinking ones that are close to hand.  And can you really see Apey drinking Harveys Bristol Cream or Creme de Menthe or worse?  Might add something to BMs home brew but again too far away and the Blighty-Smugland pipeline has been out of order for a while now

So I need to find a teetotal neighbour that still has milk delivered and a mystery extra bottle may appear on their doorstep
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:34:37 PM by Steve »

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 11:03:45 PM »
There used to be a nightclub here a few years ago with an 'interesting' reputation for both out of date booze and underage drinking. They had an inspection one day which ended up with almost their entire stock being poured down the drain. Given that it was during a hot summers day that end of town smelled rather potent for the next day or so.  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 12:50:59 AM »
Apey?
Well I was thinking ones that are close to hand.  And can you really see Apey drinking Harveys Bristol Cream or Creme de Menthe or worse?  Might add something to BMs home brew but again too far away and the Blighty-Smugland pipeline has been out of order for a while now

So I need to find a teetotal neighbour that still has milk delivered and a mystery extra bottle may appear on their doorstep

cussing:

rubschin:

Bottle stall ..... Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
Apey?

If you tell Apey that the drinks are free I can see him drinking anything you put in front of him, hell you could probably pour them both into the same glass in that case...   whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 12:38:10 PM »
Put it in the fish tank  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 12:51:04 PM »
Put it in the fish tank  :thumbsup:
Oh noes  scared2:

Got a pond not a tank but after 2 years of not feeding them on a whim fed them the other week.  Now everytime I walk past or just look at the pond from a distance they spot me and demand to be fed.  Worse than a cat

So if they got a taste for Harveys Bristol Cream who knows where it would end up