Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 7828 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

Re: Interesting
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
Quite, but frankly her utterly naive (OK she is 19) pronouncements might merit this move. I love my son but if he had done this and has spoken as she has I would probably be less than sympathetic..........
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 08:13:08 PM »
Quite, but frankly her utterly naive (OK she is 19) pronouncements might merit this move. I love my son but if he had done this and has spoken as she has I would probably be less than sympathetic..........
Well elsewhere I posted

'To the case at hand, what a stupid, up her own, sneering, offensive piece of detritus that girl is.  But sadly she's our stupid, up her own, sneering, offensive piece of detritus so we have to let her come back at either her own expense or in cuffs . . . .'The child can then be taken from her forever and she can have a spell behind bars.  I believe 10 years is an available sentence and if there is any evidence she sent messages to the UK while in Syria then that sounds about right
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
If she is refusing to apologise for her actions, doesn't regret leaving the UK, insists we should feel sorry for her despite still agreeing with that poisoned ideology and sees no problem with the atrocities committed by those ranting cowards then why should we allow her back. While I'm the first to admit that at 15 I was a naive bugger I did know the difference between right and wrong and that a group that routinely carried out acts of murder, torture and rape would be an evil that should not be supported much less joined as a brood mare. Plus we only have her word that she didn't carry out any actions herself.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/19/isis-bride-shamima-begum-problem-britain-not-bangladesh-8677815/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 11:35:31 PM »
How did I know that this was coming...  noooo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 12:02:03 AM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 05:00:39 AM »
Here's another one, 14 years old and arrested for plotting a terror attack...  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8433381/Boy-14-charged-plotting-Islamist-terror-attack.html

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 06:43:31 AM »
Here's another one, 14 years old and arrested for plotting a terror attack...  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8433381/Boy-14-charged-plotting-Islamist-terror-attack.html

noooo: noooo: noooo:

I have to pause my ad-blocker to read stuff on there - how the hell does anybody use that site? Or does it just spam me with a billionteen ads because I had the blocker on...? Either way, it doesn't encourage me to turn off the blocker or visit the Wail on a regular basis...  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 07:00:38 AM »
Strange, must be the way that the Opera ad blocker is set up, I haven't had that problem other than with smaller local news sites.  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 07:06:13 AM »
Strange, must be the way that the Opera ad blocker is set up, I haven't had that problem other than with smaller local news sites.  rubschin:

shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 07:47:15 AM »

shrugs:

Shame their VPN isn't as effective  Banghead

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »
If even her own solicitor is admitting there is a possibilty that she still poses a threat then why are we even considering letting her back in the country?  Banghead

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1363828/shamima-begum-ISIS-uk-return-british-citizenship-supreme-court-hearing