Disgusterous

Author Topic: Surely your example jumps from abortion to infancide  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Surely your example jumps from abortion to infancide
« on: January 31, 2019, 12:35:58 AM »
When I first heard about this I thought that it was some kind of news parody but to find out it's genuine???  eeek:

There is a new that is being bill proposed in the Virginia legislature that would not only loosen restrictions on abortions up to and including the point of labour, it would also allow abortions during the second trimester to take place outside hospitals. During the debate over the bill the delegate proposing the bill was asked if that meant up to the point of being in labour. Her answer was:

"She has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she is so certified? She's dilating," Gilbert said.

"Mr. Chairman, that would be a, you know, a decision that the doctor, the physician and the woman would make at this point," Tran responded.

"I understand that. I'm asking if your bill allows that," Gilbert posed.

"My bill would allow that, yes," she said.

But even worse was to follow during a radio interview with the Governor of Virginia he made this comment.

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician, by the way," Northam said. "And it's done in cases where there amy be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion."

You can argue that I'm being pedantic here but if the infant is being kept comfortable after delivery doesn't that indicate that it was alive?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-abortion-bill-proposed-by-kathy-tran-third-trimester-today-2019-01-30/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Surely your example jumps from abortion to infancide
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:54:13 AM »
When I first heard about this I thought that it was some kind of news parody but to find out it's genuine???  eeek:

There is a new that is being bill proposed in the Virginia legislature that would not only loosen restrictions on abortions up to and including the point of labour, it would also allow abortions during the second trimester to take place outside hospitals. During the debate over the bill the delegate proposing the bill was asked if that meant up to the point of being in labour. Her answer was:

"She has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she is so certified? She's dilating," Gilbert said.

"Mr. Chairman, that would be a, you know, a decision that the doctor, the physician and the woman would make at this point," Tran responded.

But even worse was to follow during a radio interview with the Governor of Virginia he made this comment.

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician, by the way," Northam said. "And it's done in cases where there amy be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion."

You can argue that I'm being pedantic here but if the infant is being kept comfortable after delivery doesn't that indicate that it was alive?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-abortion-bill-proposed-by-kathy-tran-third-trimester-today-2019-01-30/

Yes, I've been reading about this - pretty ghastly stuff isn't it...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Surely your example jumps from abortion to infancide
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »

Yes, I've been reading about this - pretty ghastly stuff isn't it...?  noooo:

Unfortunately it's an indication of just how deranged the Democrats are becoming. I've been following political news in America for a while now and they make the Labour party look normal in comparison. 
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.