Disgusterous

Author Topic: Ancestry DNA kits  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Ancestry DNA kits
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »
Too late. Anyhoo, I reckon he is at least 95% Neanderthal  ::)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 06:59:26 PM »
I am 95 % worn out does that count ?  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 07:04:02 PM »
I am 95 % worn out does that count ?  rubschin:

What is the other 5%...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 07:04:44 PM »
Cadbury's  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 07:07:50 PM »
Cadbury's  :thumbsup:

happy001

noooo:

That stuff from Warrington... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 07:09:04 PM »
No voddy?

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:28 PM »
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »
What do we think?  rubschin:

As a result of one of these, last Sunday my "full" brother and I enjoyed a lovely boozy lunch with our "half" brother who we had never met before  :thumbsup:

Offline Nick

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 08:17:37 AM »
 eeek:

Popcorn:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 08:17:53 AM »
What do we think?  rubschin:

As a result of one of these, last Sunday my "full" brother and I enjoyed a lovely boozy lunch with our "half" brother who we had never met before  :thumbsup:

How cool!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
eeek:

Popcorn:

In 1964 our mother was sent from darkest Co. Galway to London to have her soon-to-be-born son adopted as it wasn't the done thing to be an unmarried mother in those days - shame on the family and all that. He was duly adopted and our mother met and married. My full brother (hereinafter called FB) and I followed after. Shortly after she died in 1984, she told us about her first born (hereinafter called HB) and in those days there was no easy way to try and find him.

Last year, a cousin did one of these DNA kit thingies and a two weeks ago she received a Facearse message from someone stating she was the wife of our half brother. Obvious checks were made and fully satisfied of his identity we arranged to meet up. HB lives in Cobham which really isn't far from me in Redhill or Sutton where FB lives. Extended lunch at the Plough Inn in Cobham followed - and it was wonderful, so many coincidences. HB is also very good friends with a chap I worked with for 18 years in my UCB/Nationwide days. Had a early beer the Saturday before with a friend in Redhill...and he's known him for 25 years  eeek:

Vast quantities of Guinness, Malbec and Jameson's was consumed. My hangover on Monday was the worst for decades. We are arranging to meet up again for a curry in Weybridge over the Christmas period.

Offline Nick

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
eeek:

Popcorn:

In 1964 our mother was sent from darkest Co. Galway to London to have her soon-to-be-born son adopted as it wasn't the done thing to be an unmarried mother in those days - shame on the family and all that. He was duly adopted and our mother met and married. My full brother (hereinafter called FB) and I followed after. Shortly after she died in 1984, she told us about her first born (hereinafter called HB) and in those days there was no easy way to try and find him.

Last year, a cousin did one of these DNA kit thingies and a two weeks ago she received a Facearse message from someone stating she was the wife of our half brother. Obvious checks were made and fully satisfied of his identity we arranged to meet up. HB lives in Cobham which really isn't far from me in Redhill or Sutton where FB lives. Extended lunch at the Plough Inn in Cobham followed - and it was wonderful, so many coincidences. HB is also very good friends with a chap I worked with for 18 years in my UCB/Nationwide days. Had a early beer the Saturday before with a friend in Redhill...and he's known him for 25 years  eeek:

Vast quantities of Guinness, Malbec and Jameson's was consumed. My hangover on Monday was the worst for decades. We are arranging to meet up again for a curry in Weybridge over the Christmas period.
:thumbsup: Great story.
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »
Brilliant ... :thumbsup:

More drinking buddies too  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »
eeek:

Popcorn:

Wonderful!

happ096

Is he tiny too...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: