Author Topic: The Cancelled Movie Thread.  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
The Cancelled Movie Thread.
« on: December 12, 2018, 01:17:16 AM »
This happens every so often, you hear about a film and find you are really looking forward to it only to find that for some reason the studio has cancelled production.

So to kick things off we have Metro 2033 an adaptation of the book by Dmitry Glukhovsky the first in a series of books that have sold millions globally and spawned a series of equally successful games which prompted MGM to try and get a piece of the action. Basically the story is about survivors of WWIII living in the Moscow underground and the factions that have developed since including the Spartans, Communists and Nazis. The writing was on the wall for this production the moment that someone in Moron Gormless Mouthbreather was scared that the Moscow setting would mean American audiences wouldnt want to watch it and so decided to completely bugger up half of the storyline by moving the films location from the Moscow underground and remains of the city above to Washington DC.

“A lot of things didn’t work out in Washington D.C.,” he said. “In Washington D.C., Nazis don’t work, Communists don’t work at all, and the Dark Ones don’t work. Washington D.C. is a black city, basically. That’s not at all the allusion I want to have, it’s a metaphor of general xenophobia but it’s not a comment on African-Americans at all. So it didn’t work.”

No shit Sherlock. What were you planning on doing, change the Communists and Nazis to Antifa and the Proud Boys? Anyone with even half a brain would have been able to look at the sales figures for the books and games in America and seen that being set in Moscow didn't have any effect on the sales figures. People bought them because it is a good series of stories, not because it's Americanised. But it doesn't matter now because you've managed to bugger up the production so badly it was cancelled.

http://youtu.be/sPbjPOgRtyA

Arseholes  cussing:

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/metro-2033-film-project-halted-1203085642/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The Cancelled Movie Thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:49:57 AM »
The sun will still rise tomorrow though

won't it?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »

won't it?
Other daily papers are available
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »

won't it?
Other daily papers are available
drumroll:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

won't it?

I know there are more serious things I could have ranted about but the stupidity of buying the rights to an IP and then making so many changes to the plot that you bugger up the storyline so badly the film gets cancelled just bugs me that's all.  redface:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.