Author Topic: Ourscreen.com  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Ourscreen.com
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:28:38 AM »
This seems like an interesting service. If your local cinema is signed up pick a film from their library and as long as enough people pledge to buy a ticket they hire a screen and show it for you. A good way of seeing some old classics on the big screen methinks...  rubschin:

Not a bad starting library either and they add more films depending on how many people ask for specific titles.

https://www.ourscreen.com
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Ourscreen.com
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:07:38 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Can't see it lasting long though once the obvious classics have been seen

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:03:16 AM »
How long will it take before everyone has tried screening the films that they think are the classics, plus the library is expanding weekly.

I just had a quick flick through their current stock and came up with a decent sized list that I'm pretty sure I can get enough tickets sold for:

Alien
Aliens
Battle Royale
Blazing Saddles
Blues Brothers
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Exorcist (wish I had more time before Halloween to set that one up)
Flash Gordon  (Well I had to have one guilty pleasure redface: )
Jumanji
Pulp Fiction
Spitfire
Sin City
Taxi Driver
The Dark Crystal (fond childhood memories of that film  cloud9: )
The Evil Dead (the proper one with Bruce Campbell not the godawful remake)
The Matrix
The Shawshank Redemption
The Terminator
The Thing
V for Vendetta
Vertigo

They are just the ones I'm pretty confident that I could get enough tickets sold for given the student population.  :thumbsup:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:12:40 AM »
 :thumbsup:

About 10 years ago we went to a cinema screening of It's a Wonderful Life.  Seen it loads of times on the TV but nothing beats a full cinema experience

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
Someone has already set up a Predator screening so I'm using that to see how popular it can be...  :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
In the Minema you say...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 02:32:38 PM »
In the Minema you say...?  rubschin:

Something tells me you'd be lucky to get more than 5 in there never mind 40+  whistle:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 04:27:02 PM »
Predator has the go ahead and someone has beaten me to setting up a screening of Aliens for the end of next month. That's another day already booked off  cloud9:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Predator has the go ahead and someone has beaten me to setting up a screening of Aliens for the end of next month. That's another day already booked off  cloud9:
Aliens  :thumbsup:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »
Aliens  :thumbsup:

Life sized aliens on a big screen  cloud9:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 10:06:51 PM »
Nice little offer on for this month and next month. Set up a screening and if enough people but tickets for it to go ahead you get £100  cloud9:

I.............might have set up......................one............or two...   lol:             

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 04:30:16 AM »
Nice little offer on for this month and next month. Set up a screening and if enough people but tickets for it to go ahead you get £100  cloud9:

I.............might have set up......................one............or two...   lol:             

lol: lol: lol: Popcorn:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 12:02:51 PM »

Blues Brothers and Blazing Saddles so far. On reflection given that there is a large 'right on' student community here the second one may not have been the wisest choice....  rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 01:00:33 PM »

Blues Brothers and Blazing Saddles so far. On reflection given that there is a large 'right on' student community here the second one may not have been the wisest choice....  rubschin:
So "come and watch or the nigger get's it" wouldn't be the smartest  way to advertise it then

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 11:38:20 PM »

So "come and watch or the nigger get's it" wouldn't be the smartest  way to advertise it then

Well judging from the number of sales so far I'd say that neither of them are going ahead...   cry: