Author Topic: Apparently it's the Governments fault that Salmond now works for Russia Today  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
I'm trying to follow the logic on this, Alex Salmond wasn't offered a senior position with any international agency and it is somehow the fault of the Government and nothing to do with said agencies just not being interested in him.

Writing in the Glasgow Herald, Mr MacAskill said: I saw my former colleague’s Edinburgh Festival stage show which I found highly entertaining but again left with the same thought that I have now – which is that there must be more that he can be doing with his talents.

'For that I don’t condemn him, but blame the British Government.'

He added: 'There are more than enough international agencies with whom the UK has sufficient leverage to have obtained a senior position.
'After all, his stature isn’t just as the longest-serving First Minister of Scotland but also on a UK and international stage.

'Thirty years in the House of Commons is a significant shift and through the referendum and other issues he also has a global profile; a far more impressive record in fact than many who have been anointed purely for political patronage or simply to get them out of the way.
'Given current events in the world I find it hard to believe that there wouldn’t be a willing agency eager to have him with his skills and experience.

'That an appointment appears not to have been sought speaks to yet another abuse of the respect agenda.'

That is utter bollocks! Lets be honest here, yes he has served in the House of Commons for thirty years and he was the longest serving First Minister but if his supposed wealth of experience and wisdom actually meant anything to any of these international agencies then the government wouldn't have needed to try and push for him to get a role either THEY WOULD HAVE HEADHUNTED HIM THEMSELVES or one of the contacts that he had made over the years would have given him an opening. The fact that they haven't means that he is seen to be politically irrelevant and only good for whoring himself out on RT.

You are saying that other former MP's have been found jobs by cabinet ministers so put your money where your mouth is and name them instead of moaning that Salmond can't find anything for himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5081809/MacAskill-Westminster-Salmond-job.html

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
He's a gobshite prat, RT are welcome to him

His legacy will be that just about everyone that supports his idiot dream knows it would have become reality if he'd resigned 3 years earlier and let Sturgeon lead them in that referendum

History will treat him as badly as nature treated his face
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.