Disgusterous

Author Topic: RAC thieves  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
RAC thieves
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
Just had a renewal letter from RAC. Premium up 30%  eeek:

I get a quote from the AA and a quick call to the RAC and they match the offer, better than half the original quote  cloud9:

Just because I have an automatic renewal makes them think they can get away with a massive increase.  noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: RAC thieves
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
Almost all of these service companies will have retention teams with special offers available to try and entice you to stay with them so if you haven't already signed up with the AA then calling the RAC back to tell them you are considering swapping to them because of the price hike may mean you get an even better deal.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
I did, RAC matched the AA offer with no quibbles.

Loyalty obviously means nothing to these companies  noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »
I used to work with a couple of guys that would play quote tennis with everyone, constantly going back and forth till then ended up paying the bare minimum that the provider could afford.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 12:29:33 PM »
The point is that you shouldn't have to do this. Christ! I've been a RAC member since 1992 and I haven't called them out for several years.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
Unfortunately it seems to be the way of things these days, companies get so large that they think they are above the petty concerns of the customer and can do whatever they want.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 03:30:09 PM »
I did, RAC matched the AA offer with no quibbles.

Loyalty obviously means nothing to these companies  noooo:
Oh no to them it means everything.  It means munny, just in an exploitative way

The Pru give me free Green Flag cover with the car insurance
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 04:03:58 PM »
The Brat's car insurance was just up for renewal ...bearing in mind she is 20 still  has 2 years no claims but is also London based her insurance is extortionate. However It went down considerably last year ( to just under the £1k  barrier) . This year however they have quoted £1309 for the years renewal.

When The Brat enquired why - she has a black box monitoring thing that has not flagged any issues , she has no claims , no nuffink they have just stated insurance premiums have gone up  eeek:

So a bit of shopping around and she has just renewed her policy for less than half the price quoted. It's bizarre - it's like they don't want your business  noooo:
Skubber