Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 63760 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2019, 09:36:00 PM »
I'll say, I was only 4 when it first came out...  eeek:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »
Bet that scene with Brian's less than Barzilianed girlfriend warped your tiny little mind at that age
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »
Bet that scene with Brian's less than Barzilianed girlfriend warped your tiny little mind at that age

lol: lol: lol:

I watched it fairly recently, It is just as good today as it was when I went to see it in the cinema at Hounslow when it first came out (I was 19)...  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »

I watched it fairly recently, It is just as good today as it was when I went to see it in the cinema at Hounslow when it first came out (I was 19)...  :thumbsup:
I must have been 25, must have seen it nearly 25 times since.  Still brilliant

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »

I'm still young...  cloud9:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2019, 10:08:51 AM »

rubschin:  shall we look forward to your selection of Ariana Grande tracks then?  (please don't)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »

rubschin:  shall we look forward to your selection of Ariana Grande tracks then?  (please don't)

I said I was young, not tone deaf  lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2019, 11:15:51 AM »

drumroll:

I'd never heard of her 'til they blew her concert up - can she really be that bad?  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2019, 11:47:01 AM »

drumroll:

I'd never heard of her 'til they blew her concert up - can she really be that bad?  eeek:

You tell me, just wait till after that cacophonous howling has stopped to I can remove my fingers from my ears...

http://youtu.be/QYh6mYIJG2Y

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2019, 12:22:59 PM »

drumroll:

To be fair she's got talent but sings stuff for pre teenagers

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2019, 02:53:18 PM »

drumroll:

You mean her autotune technician has talent...  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »

drumroll:

You mean her autotune technician has talent...  noooo:
rubschin:

Nope

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2019, 06:55:44 AM »
Well the early audience reviews of Captain Marvel both online and from asking people as they left the screen aren't good, one person even said she would rather watch Green Lantern again.  lol:

Once Disney take it off the restricted list and I can use a free ticket I may give it a look but I'm not desperate to see it by any means.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
Well the early audience reviews of Captain Marvel both online and from asking people as they left the screen aren't good, one person even said she would rather watch Green Lantern again.  lol:

Once Disney take it off the restricted list and I can use a free ticket I may give it a look but I'm not desperate to see it by any means.

Mrs K is talking about us going to see it tomorrow.  It's a clever premise for a film but the extracts look a bit cheaply done.  Maybe they spent the production budget de-aging Samuel L

Anyway may report back (if we don't get diverted to Ask Italian like we did last time)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2019, 09:02:32 PM »

Mrs K is talking about us going to see it tomorrow.  It's a clever premise for a film but the extracts look a bit cheaply done.  Maybe they spent the production budget de-aging Samuel L

Anyway may report back (if we don't get diverted to Ask Italian like we did last time)

The general feedback I've had is that when the cat that is used as a plot device has more on screen charisma and personality than the person in the title role then there has been a major cock up in the casting department.  noooo: