Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 63800 times)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2018, 06:17:37 PM »
There are games out there with the potential to make really good films as long as you can get a director that understands the IP.

Duke Nukem? Not anywhere near that list.  noooo:

You could write a plot for a Duke Nukem film by writing guns, aliens, strippers or tits on to 25 bits of paper, putting them into a bag and drawing them randomly...  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2018, 11:22:15 PM »
Well after all the build up they finally released the trailer for the Han Solo movie...................[sarcasm]Really worth the wait[/sarcasm]

http://youtu.be/98-E9jWBizc

noooo:

Something tells me this is going to be a 'wait a couple of weeks till I can use a free ticket' film.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2018, 07:57:20 PM »

cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2018, 07:55:21 AM »
For those who thought that Avenue Q was too tame...  eeek:

http://youtu.be/-eks8LG72uo

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »
Well that seems missable  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »

More than a bit Meet the Feebles esque

:thumbsup:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2018, 10:05:01 AM »

I'm up for that!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
Just found out there is a staff show for Soylo tomorrow, I can barely keep my excitement in check.  tunble:

It's free so as long as nothing else comes up I'll head down and give a review.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2018, 09:22:06 PM »
Ok, review time for Solo...

Meh...

noooo:

Ok being serious now, I wanted to like this film, I really did. But I went in not expecting a masterpiece and I can safely say that Solo delivered in that regard. In all honesty if you strip away the nostalgia and take out Han, Chewie and Lando then all  you would have an updated version of a Roger Corman B movie with elements lifted from Firefly such as the train robbery. Hell at one point in the film I actually dozed off briefly. The plot, such as it was, was bland, clunky and predictable and at no point in the film did I feel invested in any way with the characters, even if Donald Glover's portrayal of Lando was spot on.

Overall it was a couple of hours of my life that I'm not going to get back...  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:37 PM »

Meh...

noooo:

Ok being serious now, I wanted to like this film, I really did. But I went in not expecting a masterpiece and I can safely say that Solo delivered in that regard. In all honesty if you strip away the nostalgia and take out Han, Chewie and Lando then all  you would have an updated version of a Roger Corman B movie with elements lifted from Firefly such as the train robbery. Hell at one point in the film I actually dozed off briefly. The plot, such as it was, was bland, clunky and predictable and at no point in the film did I feel invested in any way with the characters, even if Donald Glover's portrayal of Lando was spot on.

Overall it was a couple of hours of my life that I'm not going to get back...  noooo:
Shame but I'm not surprised.  Ta for saving me 2 hours and several £££

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2018, 04:53:42 AM »

Meh...

noooo:

To be fair to the cast they did what they could with the shite they had been given but it's just another example of Kennedy running the franchise into the ground blindly championing her agenda. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the idea of inclusion, but it has to be done properly.  And from what has been shown in the recent films Gordon Brown's clunking fist was more subtle than the garbage the screenplay writers that have been allowed hammer into the stories. Compare the Star Wars films to the MCU films, Marvel is going from strength to strength because they not only use the right actor for the role and directors who respect the lore but they also give them the artistic freedom to make the films that the fans want. Star Wars on the other hand seems to be a drive to destroy one of if not the most successful franchise in movie history in order to rinse the customers and push an blatant agenda in a way that insults the fans.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2018, 08:08:31 AM »

Meh...

noooo:

To be fair to the cast they did what they could with the shite they had been given but it's just another example of Kennedy running the franchise into the ground blindly championing her agenda. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the idea of inclusion, but it has to be done properly.  And from what has been shown in the recent films Gordon Brown's clunking fist was more subtle than the garbage the screenplay writers that have been allowed hammer into the stories. Compare the Star Wars films to the MCU films, Marvel is going from strength to strength because they not only use the right actor for the role and directors who respect the lore but they also give them the artistic freedom to make the films that the fans want. Star Wars on the other hand seems to be a drive to destroy one of if not the most successful franchise in movie history in order to rinse the customers and push an blatant agenda in a way that insults the fans.
Actually I thought the last Star Wars fillum was quite good

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »

Meh...

noooo:

Actually I thought the last Star Wars fillum was quite good

Aside from the hatchet job done on Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia's Jedi Poppins scene, Darth Whiny Emo, Rey's sudden mastery of Jedi combat when she has had little or no instruction, the blatant rip off of the Hoth battle from Empire Strikes Back, killing off senior characters just to get rid of them and then creating a pointless throwaway character in Holdo when she seems to have been crowbarred in just to force Dameron's mutiny by not telling the remaining command staff what the plan was. She would have been much better implemented by developing her over Ep 8 and 9, then there is the whole "we are on a secret mission and cannot give ourselves away but we will pretty much wave a huge flag saying Rebel spies here by rescuing the local wildlife" and of course the JarJar Binks of the new trilogy Rose Tico.