Author Topic: Barman's All New Quadcopter Thread  (Read 92164 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Barman's All New Quadcopter Thread
« Reply #465 on: March 31, 2019, 04:59:17 AM »
Oh crap, Baldymort has an quadcopter and an shotgun....  scared2:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6867437/Russian-shotgun-drone-shoots-balloon-model-aircraft-awesome-display-mid-air-firepower.html
Could add a whole new dimension to clay pigeon shooting.  'Clays' that shoot back

It may be bonkers but the flight transitions and dynamics were awesome and the camera work impressive given the difficulties

On the other hand I've always wondered what would happen if you tried to fire a shotgun under water.....  rubschin:

I seem to remember Mythbusters did that years ago with fairly unimpressive results...

Also The SlowMo guys have filmed different weapons fired underwater...

EDIT: Actually I seem to remember it was The Backyard Scientist and The SlowMo Guys...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:14:19 AM by Barman »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #466 on: March 31, 2019, 09:04:10 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6867437/Russian-shotgun-drone-shoots-balloon-model-aircraft-awesome-display-mid-air-firepower.html
Could add a whole new dimension to clay pigeon shooting.  'Clays' that shoot back

It may be bonkers but the flight transitions and dynamics were awesome and the camera work impressive given the difficulties

On the other hand I've always wondered what would happen if you tried to fire a shotgun under water.....  rubschin:

I seem to remember Mythbusters did that years ago with fairly unimpressive results...

EDIT: Actually I seem to remember it was The Backyard Scientist and The SlowMo Guys...
I guess a lot would depend on whether the barrels were full of water. If so wouldn’t it create a huge back pressure?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #467 on: March 31, 2019, 10:19:00 AM »

I guess a lot would depend on whether the barrels were full of water. If so wouldn’t it create a huge back pressure?

Yarp. You can certainly blow up a shotgun by accidentally blocking the barrel(s) and a quick Youtube search shows dipping the end of the barrel in water isn't really something you want to do!

Not sure if I have miss-remembered or the outcome is different when the entire gun is underwater. I remember them shooting other weapons (pistols, AK47, etc.) underwater with no ill-effects...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #468 on: March 31, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »

Yarp. You can certainly blow up a shotgun by accidentally blocking the barrel(s) and a quick Youtube search shows dipping the end of the barrel in water isn't really something you want to do!

Not sure if I have miss-remembered or the outcome is different when the entire gun is underwater. I remember them shooting other weapons (pistols, AK47, etc.) underwater with no ill-effects...
Tis amazing how much like a rock water can suddenly become
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online apc2010

• Power Poster

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2019, 11:30:34 PM »
Professional photographer today had a phone-drone thing ..... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #476 on: July 26, 2019, 07:44:09 AM »

I hope his pictures were better than yours!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #477 on: July 26, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »

On a grand a day I hope so .... eeek:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #478 on: July 26, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »

Well you could always swipe Baldymort's copter and give it a try yourself...  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »

A bag of sand?  Shocked:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: