Author Topic: Barman's All New Quadcopter Thread  (Read 91784 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Barman's All New Quadcopter Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »
Quadcopter grounded Sundays and Wednesdays as it is hunting season - they'll shoot anything that moves!  scared2:

Sounds like it's perfectly safe then  whistle:

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2014, 08:02:19 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Bastard thing is that I crashed a couple of times yesterday and thought, "you should really order some spare parts before it breaks".... talk about tempting fate...  ::)

I think I've got the software sorted....

I was unhappy with the throttle response with the old software... I had to get to 50% before the motors started and at 100% it was a bit anaemic (but flying)...

So, with the new software I re-calibrated the speed controllers (ESCs)....

Started her up today (armed), opened the throttle and she zoomed to about a billionteen feet in the air at the point where the props would not have even started before...

I panicked, cut the power and watched it succumb to the irresistible power of gravity....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Bastard thing is that I crashed a couple of times yesterday and thought, "you should really order some spare parts before it breaks".... talk about tempting fate...  ::)

I was unhappy with the throttle response with the old software... I had to get to 50% before the motors started and at 100% it was a bit anaemic (but flying)...

Started her up today (armed), opened the throttle and she zoomed to about a billionteen feet in the air at the point where the props would not have even started before...

I panicked, cut the power and watched it succumb to the irresistible power of gravity....  redface:

lol: lol:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Install a parachute you say...  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Oh noes....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Or learn how to fucking use it....... whistle:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Tea meet keyboard  lol:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »
Quadcopter grounded Sundays and Wednesdays as it is hunting season - they'll shoot anything that moves!  scared2:

I had a number of crashes yesterday (including one in the neighbour's garden  redface:) while trying to fine tune the flight control board...  noooo:

Consequently, last night I changed the flight control software from Multiwii to Megapirate which should be simpler to tune and offers better GPS support...  Thumbs:

It will prolly chase Miss D around tho....  noooo:

eyes: eyes:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
It will follow Miss D right up to the point that she attacks either the copter or the pilot with her axe....   whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Oh woes

You could buy another one, just pretend it's a kit of spares

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2014, 05:20:42 AM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Oh woes

I should have bought two - they are only €13 - but yesterday they were out of stock so I bought spare arms instead...

...today they are in stock....  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2014, 08:08:22 AM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Oh woes

I should have bought two - they are only €13 - but yesterday they were out of stock so I bought spare arms instead...

get one now, they'll be flying off the shelves.   Only €13  eeek: and  :thumbsup:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2014, 08:09:43 AM »
sad24:

sad24:
repairable?

hopefully is

No....  noooo:

Oh woes

get one now, they'll be flying off the shelves.   Only €13  eeek: and  :thumbsup:

drumroll:

Ordered a complete kit and eight arms... oh and loadsaprops...  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs: