Disgusterous

Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 56379 times)

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2019, 05:14:43 AM »
I've worked out what the problem is!  :thumbsup:

PHP on the server has been upgraded and has sharpened the security... Tapawhotsit requires fairly loose security so I need to try and balance the two...

How's the balancing going?

To be honest I haven't had much time to look at it as I've been working on the new apartment almost 24/7...

...and the last thing I need at the moment is to gub the forum and have to choose between spending time fixing it and meeting my tight schedule next door.

I'll just say that the feedback from the SMF (the forum software) developers on TapaWhotsit is not very positive...

READ.."LL won't let me out to play"............ whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2019, 10:35:11 AM »

PHP on the server has been upgraded and has sharpened the security... Tapawhotsit requires fairly loose security so I need to try and balance the two...

To be honest I haven't had much time to look at it as I've been working on the new apartment almost 24/7...

...and the last thing I need at the moment is to gub the forum and have to choose between spending time fixing it and meeting my tight schedule next door.

I'll just say that the feedback from the SMF (the forum software) developers on TapaWhotsit is not very positive...
Shocked I am not

Tapatalk the company are obsessed with 'fixing' things that aren't broken and finding ways to 'monetarise' (their word) things forum admins would normally assume were free.  I can see that sooner of later they will make you an 'offer' to host your forum for free as "they will be retiring the TT plugin for the likes of SMF forums".  Their Support forum is bleeding useless with pathetic organisation and worse has become dangerous as those that get too vocally critical there have been banned not just from the Support forum but via the TTID from every forum that Tapatalk host.

I can't find this issue either on their Support forum or the alternative forum

In short I believe the days of VP on the TT App are numbered if not already over
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

Shocked I am not

Tapatalk the company are obsessed with 'fixing' things that aren't broken and finding ways to 'monetarise' (their word) things forum admins would normally assume were free.  I can see that sooner of later they will make you an 'offer' to host your forum for free as "they will be retiring the TT plugin for the likes of SMF forums".  Their Support forum is bleeding useless with pathetic organisation and worse has become dangerous as those that get too vocally critical there have been banned not just from the Support forum but via the TTID from every forum that Tapatalk host.

In short I believe the days of VP on the TT App are numbered if not already over

A refund.......... Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »

Shocked I am not

I've been investigating a more mobile friendly forum theme...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »

Shocked I am not

Ah aggressive monetisation, the abominable brainchild of Electronic Arts and Activision that is slowly spreading across the entire IT industry. Next they will be talking about hosting Tapatalk as a 'Live Service'  cussing:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2019, 05:35:27 PM »
Looks like we've been taken off the TT network completely

Popcorn:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2019, 04:03:41 AM »

Popcorn:

Not because of anything I've done...

...although the stronger security settings on the site now register it as 'not installed' in the error log of theirs... Perhaps that is it...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »

Popcorn:

Not because of anything I've done...

...although the stronger security settings on the site now register it as 'not installed' in the error log of theirs... Perhaps that is it...?
could be

Any screenshots you can email/PM me and I can raise it on their support forum and they may give an answer.  Closest I can find is this inconclusive thread which describes the situation as of a week ago (but not today)   https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/no-postings-t44108.html

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #338 on: November 03, 2019, 02:47:41 PM »
So is it

- VP has given up on Tapatalk

- Needs IT spannery and will get round to it when time permits

- something else?

I do miss it but the sun does manage to keep rising each day

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »

Shocked I am not

Any progress?

VP just doesn't work on a mobile browser, did try

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2019, 11:03:39 PM »

Shocked I am not

Any progress?

We have 175 guests .. eeek: eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #341 on: November 11, 2019, 05:07:24 AM »

Shocked I am not

Any progress?

There is a theme specifically for mobiles but it costs $25 per year...  eeek:

Meanwhile, I have uploaded a new theme which you can select from your profile called WideRC - try that...

Sorry, I'm still massively busy with moving at the moment...   surrender:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #342 on: November 11, 2019, 08:07:46 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #343 on: November 11, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »

Shocked I am not

Any progress?

There is a theme specifically for mobiles but it costs $25 per year...  eeek:

Meanwhile, I have uploaded a new theme which you can select from your profile called WideRC - try that...

Sorry, I'm still massively busy with moving at the moment...   surrender:
Fair enough

Will take a peek at the theme

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #344 on: November 11, 2019, 02:21:21 PM »
This is the mobile theme...
Easily afforded by people who make multiple trips to the Antipodes.  whistle:
I mostly despair