Disgusterous

Author Topic: Pleb-Gate  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: Pleb-Gate
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 11:14:55 AM »
Probably right Snoopy but a couple of points; If Ministers are "entitled" to first class travel then why buy standard class tickets? and are not first class carriages public places just as are standard class, so the argument that their matters "are not for the eyes and ears of anyone else" is somewhat disingenuous, or at least implies a belief that standard class customers (a.k.a. passengers) are somehow lesser beings than those in first.

The business about journalists just enforces my belief that many hold the attitude that they are somehow "better" than the plebs or shepple. They should be dissuaded from this as often as possible.

A cynic would suspect that it may have happened before and that they then claim back the cost of a first class ticket on their expenses (or do they have to produce proof these days?)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
Probably right Snoopy but a couple of points; If Ministers are "entitled" to first class travel then why buy standard class tickets? and are not first class carriages public places just as are standard class, so the argument that their matters "are not for the eyes and ears of anyone else" is somewhat disingenuous, or at least implies a belief that standard class customers (a.k.a. passengers) are somehow lesser beings than those in first.

The business about journalists just enforces my belief that many hold the attitude that they are somehow "better" than the plebs or shepple. They should be dissuaded from this as often as possible.

A cynic would suspect that it may have happened before and that they then claim back the cost of a first class ticket on their expenses (or do they have to produce proof these days?)

They are able to claim for 1st class travel as are civil servants above a certain rank. My understanding is that they have to produce receipts.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 09:34:56 PM »
Well the libel case is now over and Mitchell has lost, wonder if he will try and slip his legal costs and any compensation he has to pay into an expense claim...  rubschin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851889/Former-Government-whip-Andrew-Mitchell-loses-High-Court-libel-action-judge-decides-DID-call-police-f-plebs.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »
It is a weird judgement though  The judge has effectively said his judgement was because the PC was too thick to come up with a false story

the judge said PC Rowland was "not the sort of man who would have had the wit, imagination or inclination to invent on the spur of the moment an account of what a senior politician had said to him in temper".
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »
I did notice that  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 06:55:12 AM »
Well the libel case is now over and Mitchell has lost, wonder if he will try and slip his legal costs and any compensation he has to pay into an expense claim...  rubschin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851889/Former-Government-whip-Andrew-Mitchell-loses-High-Court-libel-action-judge-decides-DID-call-police-f-plebs.html

Say it aint so....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 05:13:55 PM »
It is a weird judgement though  The judge has effectively said his judgement was because the PC was too thick to come up with a false story

the judge said PC Rowland was "not the sort of man who would have had the wit, imagination or inclination to invent on the spur of the moment an account of what a senior politician had said to him in temper".

M'lud could have said:

"Clearly the constable was a pleb and so would be unable to make up such a tale"
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 05:22:10 PM »

M'lud could have said:

"Clearly the constable was a pleb and so would be unable to make up such a tale"
lol: lol: lol:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
80k pay-out..... rubschin:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »
80k pay-out..... rubschin:

::)

Only a pleb would get out of bed early for that.
I mostly despair