Author Topic: Fooking laptop/AVG  (Read 19361 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Fooking laptop/AVG
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2018, 11:46:43 AM »
Trying the MSI manufacturers recovery app to fix that netbook I acquired a while ago after one of Microsoft's updates knackered the registry.  scared2:

First thing it's done is reformat the disk and it's now been running for almost 20 minutes...  scared2: scared2:

In the meantime I'm getting ready to download Lubuntu on to a memory stick in case I need an OS for it...  scared2: scared2: scared2:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »
Trying the MSI manufacturers recovery app to fix that netbook I acquired a while ago after one of Microsoft's updates knackered the registry.  scared2:

First thing it's done is reformat the disk and it's now been running for almost 20 minutes...  scared2: scared2:

In the meantime I'm getting ready to download Lubuntu on to a memory stick in case I need an OS for it...  scared2: scared2: scared2:

scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2018, 12:00:28 PM »
IT LIVES!!!  cloud9:

Unlike Compaq it seem that MSI know how to design a recovery partition system.  cloud9:

Now I just have to remove the standard installed bloatware crap. Bye Bye Mr Norton... pcwhack:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2018, 12:03:16 PM »
IT LIVES!!!  cloud9:

Unlike Compaq it seem that MSI know how to design a recovery partition system.  cloud9:

Now I just have to remove the standard installed bloatware crap. Bye Bye Mr Norton... pcwhack:

worthy:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »
IT LIVES!!!  cloud9:

worthy:

It has less resources than my smartphone but as I'm only planning on using it for Discord it should be perfect once I've removed all the extraneous crap  :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
IT LIVES!!!  cloud9:

worthy:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
Fuck me, I almost got brained by a low flying laptop earlier. It seems that some gormless student couldn't get their to work so in a tantrum they inadvertently launched it out of their window.

Needless to say, whatever was wrong with the laptop before, being launched from a second floor window onto the pavement has pretty much made it academic...  happy002

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2019, 03:25:03 PM »
Fuck me, I almost got brained by a low flying laptop earlier. It seems that some gormless student couldn't get their to work so in a tantrum they inadvertently launched it out of their window.

Needless to say, whatever was wrong with the laptop before, being launched from a second floor window onto the pavement has pretty much made it academic...  happy002

happy001

That is prolly how The Boy 'loses' all of his mobile phones....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2019, 03:50:50 PM »

happy001

The best part of it was that one of the neighbours came barrelling out to see if I was ok then was all set to knock their door down and give them a piece of her mind.....until I pointed out that they may throw out something worth catching next. I've never seen someone laugh so much they start turning blue before...  lol:

Offline Nick

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »

happy001

evil: evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »

happy001

evil: evil:
point:

Well what would you do if Mrs Nick called you on the mobile?
Well, whatever, nevermind