Disgusterous

Author Topic: "I Wants" Don't Get  (Read 385 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
"I Wants" Don't Get
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »
While searching for the date of the 2013 London Marathon (to save Miss D the trouble like) it was noticeable that most of the top hits on Google were charities appealing for runners

Not too long ago we gave what we wanted or could afford to charity... then it was ads with £1 a month minimum, then £2 a month, now £5 a month  cussing:

RNIB are one of many doing this Marathon thing, just £100 to enter, and you must raise £1,650. So, "oh yes you can give to us, but we don't want small amounts, we want loads"... well they obviously haven't heard the old maxim "look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves". Course, they need the pounds for all those executives/directors they have within their respective organisations  cussing: cussing:  cussing:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: "I Wants" Don't Get
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »
 eeek: eeek: eeek:

£100 to enter  shocked003

Jeez - it's hurts you in every possible sense eh !

But completely agree - if you are willing to do your 'bit' then how ungrateful that they tell you how much this 'bit ' will be . Presumably the 'sports men and women' taking part in this do not have to raise funds ???

Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: "I Wants" Don't Get
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
they need the pounds for all those executives/directors they have within their respective organisations

Exactly.  evil:

I will happily give my time and resources to charities but I will no longer give any cash to be wasted on the long line of troughers and leeches they employ.  cussing:
I mostly despair