Author Topic: Nannying  (Read 2163 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Nannying
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »
We're used to the nanny state now aren't we...? They want to control everything we do... bastards!

Something I've noticed over the past six month or so tho is a dramatic increase in nannying our service personnel...

We have Forces Radio (BFBS) on all day... they carry The Today Programme in the mornings and Five Live sport... apart from that they generate their own output and include weather from the conflict zones, stories about deployments, troops returning, etc. Mostly entertainment tho... No adverts.

Recently tho there has been a constant stream of lecturing pieces - don't take food into your living quarters, remember to take Anti Malarial pills, watch out for heatstroke, report bullying, contact your equality and diversity officer if anything worries you...

Quite frankly, if I was deployed in Afghanistan and risking my life every day, not knowing if you would return to the mess in one piece after your next patrol; the last freaking thing I'd want to be listening to on the wireless (and presumably the TV - we can't get that now as it is encrypted) is news about what to do if I'm being bullied... and most definitely not hearing about the existence of a diversity and equality officer...

It is quite surprising when you think about it that more officers aren't shot.

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
Re: Nannying
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »
Perhaps they should spend some of their money to investigate simple things like:

But questions have been raised over his suitability to serve after it emerged that in 2009 he changed his name by deed poll to Reggie Moondogg and was attempting to launch a career as a rap musician.

That weirdo was part of security and in charge of a little bit more than a spud gun.

::) ::) ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »
In my days as a Junior NCO in the RAF the standard response to moans, grumbles or complaints that came our way was "Don't tell me laddy ~ go and see the Padre".
Our job was to ensure discipline ... to a point when if the order was "Stand there and get shot" then that is what they did. Any personal problems were not our concern ~ that was the job of the "Sky Pilot".
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
More today...  ::)

USB - Get it authorised (don't plug personal USB devices into any military terminal)

Three vital things you must take with you when you leave camp - your ballistic eye protection, your ballistic ear protection and your ballistic underwear.  eeek:

Rabies is common in Afghanistan - don't feed animals or make them pets...

Surely this is all covered in your basic training...?

What next? GUNS - put bullets in before firing!  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 08:07:28 AM »
Is the ballistic underwear just for gerl soldiers?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Three vital things you must take with you when you leave camp - your ballistic eye protection, your ballistic ear protection and your ballistic underwear.  eeek:

I'm not surprised about ballistic ear protection. Before last nights game they had a minutes silence for a keen RL Supporter/player who was killed in Helmund Province, and for all other military personnel killed there. They said the silence would comence on the firing of a gun, and cease on the second firing of the gun. I probably naively was expecting a rifle or summat, not one of those bloody big things on wheels, f**k me, the air shook. If they didn't warn locals beforehand, I'm sure the police would have had a few calls about a bomb blast "somewhere"
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:25:40 AM »
They just had an advert about "safety on operations"...

At night, because it is dark and dusty you have to wear a high viz jacket and carry a torch apparently... ::)

I bet the Taliban snipers absolutely fucking love that!  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
Safety (security)  ::) my arse

I spent all day yesterday at the TA Headquarters on an exercise. Drove through the razor wire clad gates unchallenged. Parked the car unhindered, then entered the building passing the large sign in the foyer that announced "Current Security Level - Heightened". I entered the large hall, totally empty, headed down one corridor to find the bogs, no success, tried the next corridor passing Major Xxxxx's office and found the toilets. On returning to the hall, I asked a lass in black complete with burka where do I sign in and she said "just here".
"Which room is the exercise in?"
"I don't know, just have a wonder down there and see if you can find anybody"  Banghead

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »
Safety (security)  ::) my arse

I spent all day yesterday at the TA Headquarters on an exercise. Drove through the razor wire clad gates unchallenged. Parked the car unhindered, then entered the building passing the large sign in the foyer that announced "Current Security Level - Heightened". I entered the large hall, totally empty, headed down one corridor to find the bogs, no success, tried the next corridor passing Major Xxxxx's office and found the toilets. On returning to the hall, I asked a lass in black complete with burka where do I sign in and she said "just here".
"Which room is the exercise in?"
"I don't know, just have a wonder down there and see if you can find anybody"  Banghead

noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »
On my facearse "stream" any food pics now come with a warning ??????? rubschin:

May contain pics of food ............ rubschin:

*Serious*.........

Online Barman

• Administrator