Author Topic: Diane Abbott  (Read 20224 times)

Online Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Diane Abbott
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2019, 12:01:25 AM »
Not really, if you want to see a good example of one sided take a look at Rachel Maddow's deranged 'ORANGE MAN BAD - IMPEACH!! IMPEACH!! IMPEACH!!' campaign. He's a moderate centre left voter who has become disenfranchised because of the massive lurch to the left that the Democrats have made. He's been honest with his political opinions and his overall view is accurate. He may not like Trump but he's giving a far more objective view of the current political situation than a lot the mainstream media is. Even with the backlash against Trump's recent comments his approval rating is currently higher than it has been in a long time. He's also predicted a lot of the restrictions that the social media and tech companies have placed on independent conservative content creators in well in advance.

The simple truth is that the way things stand at the moment Trump will win a second term next year. The Democrats have squandered their time concentrating on impeachment and the Muller report instead of putting together sensible policies that would benefit the average voter. Take a look at places like San Francisco that have a democrat administration, the massive numbers of homeless, the public health emergency which has led to diseases such as pneumonic plague and typhus making a comeback.

Now take a look at the current crop of Democrat presidential candidates. Elizabeth Warren blew most of her credibility by claiming to be part American Indian despite test results showing that the amount of native DNA is so low she more closely related to a chimpanzee, Bernie Sanders was shafted by Hilary's campaign but since then he's turned his back on most of the policies he had that would have given him a chance and Joe Biden is currently being investigated for inappropriate conduct. I could go on but aside from Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard they have all taken a huge jump to the left and are shedding voters, hell even Gabbard and Yang are promoting some hard left policies that are becoming increasingly unpopular such as medicare for all while cancelling all forms of private health insurance. 

Then you have the 4 horsewomen of the apocalypse aka the squad who are now seen as being the figureheads of the Democrats. Ridiculous polices such as the green new deal, raging complaints about the infrastructure of New York and then championing the campaign to stop Amazon from setting up their headquarters there (something that would have raised enough tax revenue to comopletely revamp and upgrade the facilities that are falling apart with money left over), anti semitism, ridiculous and insulting comparisons between detention centres and Nazi concentration camps, the defence of terrorist groups and complete refusal to condemn antifa for their recent activites.

No matter how you look at it the Democrats are about as viable as Jeremy Corbin and are most likely fucked for the forseeable future.

Not so sure.  Biden continually leads Trump in the polls (but then so did Hilary)   I can't see the Democrats letting themselves get outmanoeuvred in the electoral college again

Back to Tim Pool, I spent a fair time on his twitter feed.  In a land where there's wrongs on both sides he only looks for it on what he calls 'the left'   He's an interesting read, makes very good comments but is not a serious journalist.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2019, 12:45:11 AM »
I don't think he wants to be a serious journalist, he's found his niche and is happy doing something he enjoys. Having said that I'll be curious to see how Subverse evolves.

As far as the election his policies have reduced unemployment (something that I suspect will be undone by the minimum wage increase) and he is seen as being a strong leader and putting America first in negotiations. Plus by being the first President to visit North Korea since the war he's can show that he is making solid efforts to reduce tensions in the area and convince Pyonyang to decommission their nuclear arsenal. While he is crass and boorish all he really has to do is make sure that Cortez and co stay in the news as they will do most of the damage for him. Plus she is deranged enough to try and use the same electoral trick that got her into office in other constituencies, something she has already threatened to do to other moderate Democrats. In any case, Trump knows that the Pavlovian approach with those 4 will have the Democrats circling the wagons again and essentially condoning whatever garbage they have come up with by that point.

In truth I think that Trumps biggest problem is going to come from the tech giants, especially Google who arguably had more of an effect when it came to voter influence than any foreign government.

As for the poles, I've said on a number of threads just how easy it would be to make sure that the results are skewed the way that someone wants through data profiling. If you look at the 2016 election, the referendum to leave the EU and the last General Election you can see the results as most of the polls used in each case ended up being wrong.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
Decisions that come back to bite Diane in the ass (no pun intended) #823531215694

Explaining her decisions about his education, she said: 'I knew what could happen if my son went to the wrong school and got in with the wrong crowd.

Yes, he could end up being arrested for biting a police officer.............................oh...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7750565/Diane-Abbotts-son-28-arrested-attack-police-officers.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2019, 04:34:53 PM »
Decisions that come back to bite Diane in the ass (no pun intended) #823531215694

Explaining her decisions about his education, she said: 'I knew what could happen if my son went to the wrong school and got in with the wrong crowd.

Yes, he could end up being arrested for biting a police officer.............................oh...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7750565/Diane-Abbotts-son-28-arrested-attack-police-officers.html

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »

What a stupid tosser, and her son as well

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2019, 06:52:45 PM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »
She has been kept as far from the campaign as Rees-Mogg!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »
She has been kept as far from the campaign as Rees-Mogg!

To be fair, can you blame them for keeping her away from the media. I suspect the only reason Corbyn hasn't found some way to replace her as an MP is that she knows where a lot of his skeletons are buried and has a vicious streak a mile wide.

Online Nick

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
ANdrea Loathsome has vanished too.  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2019, 07:41:05 PM »

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »
TL:DR Abbot had her usual face like a smacked arse expression when the house started making jokes at Labour's expense. You can scroll past that and get a chuckle out of the comments, just don't read the one by mike747 trust me you don't want that image in your head....  sick2:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1219163/Diane-Abbott-Jeremy-Corbyn-news-Queen-Speech-Parliament-today-update

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2019, 05:29:22 PM »
TL:DR Abbot had her usual face like a smacked arse expression when the house started making jokes at Labour's expense. You can scroll past that and get a chuckle out of the comments, just don't read the one by mike747 trust me you don't want that image in your head....  sick2:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1219163/Diane-Abbott-Jeremy-Corbyn-news-Queen-Speech-Parliament-today-update

lol: lol: lol:

Can't see the comments for some reason...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2019, 06:02:01 PM »

lol: lol: lol:

Can't see the comments for some reason...  rubschin:

Keep scrolling down, they've started putting a load of additional crap in between the article and the comments section. It also seems to make it take longer for them to load.

But just in case you still can't...

Quote from: Mike747
No doubt Jeremy and diane will comfort each other and perhaps emily will join in
That would get a triple x rating
With a warning
You may  suffer vomiting attacks

sick2:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2020, 01:24:38 PM »

He's been charged with 11 offences, 9 assaults mainly on emergency services personnel, indecent exposure and racially or religiously aggravated criminal damage. Just out of interest, how many times in the past have we looked at cases like this and blamed shite parenting?

Apparently Abbot once told Andrew Neil that West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children. Very laudable, just a shame that doesn't include going to court for them.  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7842415/Diane-Abbotts-privately-educated-son-28-charged-11-new-offences.html