Author Topic: Mi durt bike  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Mi durt bike
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »
I KNOW I DIG BM OUT ABOUT HIS CHOICE OF BIKES. (for Growler - I am knowledgeable)

But that looks like a whole lot of fun.

It is awesome!  cloud9:

The roads here are fantastic, but in the winter can get messy and unpredictable (think tractor pulling off field and taking three tonnes of mud onto the road with it)...

But I'm surrounded by open country and trails... the TTR is amazing off road...

I'm going to re-jet, modify the air box and remove the baffles...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Define "fun"

Fun is something that comes in between elation and mild misery. But you would need thumbs and stuff to understand - you don't qualify.

Has there been a Rabies outbreak oop North?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »
I see.
I stopped having that sort of fun when it took longer to mend the body than it took to break it again. It will come to you all in time.

No rabies oop North that I am aware of ....just an outbreak of speaking one's mind rather than holding back fearing that the truth might offend .... don't worry I am sure it will pass.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
I see.
I stopped having that sort of fun when it took longer to mend the body than it took to break it again. It will come to you all in time.

No rabies oop North that I am aware of ....just an outbreak of speaking one's mind rather than holding back fearing that the truth might offend .... don't worry I am sure it will pass.

I'm sure we all hold back to an extent - that's why we are here and not in "the other place". Each has their own function.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 09:13:02 PM »
I see.

I'm sure we all hold back to an extent - that's why we are here and not in "the other place". Each has their own function.

Indeed but many of us ARE in the the place as well.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »
I see.

Indeed but many of us ARE in the the place as well.

Errrrr, p'raps I'm a bit dim like, but you two lend me the code breaker manual please? confused:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »
I appreciate that BM. Thoughtful like.  cloud9:

Whilst I do confess to being a tad on the unknowledgeable side regarding motorbikes, that does indeed look like fun. Excellent ground clearance.
What cc is it?
Can you do tricks on it like, you know, intricate low speed stuff, or is it merely for 'blasting'?

If it's got an engine, I'm interested. ;)

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
Looks a bit 'underweight'  - sort of Posh Spice of the motorcycle world.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »
Looks a bit 'underweight'  - sort of Posh Spice of the motorcycle world.

Bit of a closet biker yourself then ey?  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »

Whilst I do confess to being a tad on the unknowledgeable side regarding motorbikes, that does indeed look like fun. Excellent ground clearance.
What cc is it?
Can you do tricks on it like, you know, intricate low speed stuff, or is it merely for 'blasting'?

230cc single, four stroke...

Only weighs 100Kg so you can do almost anything you like on it... so far, I've just done some blasting and then hit some rocky trails... it is awesome at high and low speed!

It was made in sarf amerika for the Californian market so it really needs re-jetting and some breathing mods... I might add a couple on the front sprocket to change the gearing too...

I'll let you ride it when you come over...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »

What cc is it?

Only weighs 100Kg so you can do almost anything you like on it... so far, I've just done some blasting and then hit some rocky trails... it is awesome at high and low speed!

It was made in sarf amerika for the Californian market so it really needs re-jetting and some breathing mods... I might add a couple on the front sprocket to change the gearing too...

Why? rubschin:  That will blunt the acceleration, although you might achieve a higher top speed.  Personally, I'd add to the rear for better acceleration.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

What cc is it?

ME!!!! happy001

You well insured?  rubschin:

Am I too?!!! eeek:

Only motorised bike I've ever driven/ridden/whatevered is a 49cc 'wasp' for 970 miles over 3 days.
Still walking like John Wayne to this day. whistle:
I can drive virtually anything on 3 wheels or more, and have, but a motorbike still deludes me.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »

What cc is it?

Why? rubschin:  That will blunt the acceleration, although you might achieve a higher top speed.  Personally, I'd add to the rear for better acceleration.

I've read all the 'tintermong stuff about it (as you would expect) and it is well capable of going up two on the front... Flat out with the thirteen is almost walking speed...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »

What cc is it?

ME!!!! happy001

Am I too?!!! eeek:

Only motorised bike I've ever driven/ridden/whatevered is a 49cc 'wasp' for 970 miles over 3 days.
I can drive virtually anything on 3 wheels or more, and have, but a motorbike still deludes me.

It isn't taxed, insured MoTd or registered in any way....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »

What cc is it?

ME!!!! happy001

Am I too?!!! eeek:

It isn't taxed, insured MoTd or registered in any way....  whistle:

Bit like 99% of the two wheeled shite that comes buzzing past 'ere every night, spotty oinky yoofs on board with helmetless passengers clinging on for dear life on the back.

Anyone got any cheese wire like? eveilgrin: