Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1016599 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:27:02 PM by Grumpmeister »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #11269 on: November 15, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
Nationalise Openreach, BT Consumer and BT Enterprise and you think it will only cost a little over £15 billion and you can run the fibre infrastructure of the nation for a measly £230 million a year which will be paid for by a hefty new tax on major multinational corporations?  Banghead

Were you born this bloody stupid or did you have to work at it. For starters, there is no way that the purchase and operational costs will be anywhere near that cheap plus bear in mind that BT is currently able to offset a massive chunk of their fibre operational and maintenance costs by allowing other providers to rent capacity, something that will end if you are going to supply a state owned 'free' broadband (I'm not going to touch on the obvious censorship concerns as they go without saying). Secondly, you claim that you will be able to fund the this debacle by taxing multinational companies like Amazon, Google, GE and Facebook. Let me tell you what will happen the moment you try to pull this crap..................THEY WILL MOVE THEIR OPERATIONS OVERSEAS and you can guarantee that a greedy EU will be more than happy to bend their own regulations to entice them you blithering idiot 

https://www.techradar.com/news/labour-pledges-free-broadband-for-all-the-uk?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+techradar%2Fallnews+%28TechRadar%3A+Tech+News+and+Reviews%29
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11270 on: November 16, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11276 on: November 19, 2019, 12:52:25 PM »
At the risk of sounding uncaring what the hell did you expect? Most Burger Kings are franchises so the owners can't afford to fork out thousands on a new broiler to cook the patties or haven't got the space to fit an additional one and even if they could they would have to shut down while it was being installed. Plus they can't guarantee that they would sell enough to justify the expense. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7698671/Burger-King-sued-cooking-Impossible-Whopper-grill-regular-meat-patties.html

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #11277 on: November 19, 2019, 07:16:42 PM »
At the risk of sounding uncaring what the hell did you expect? Most Burger Kings are franchises so the owners can't afford to fork out thousands on a new broiler to cook the patties or haven't got the space to fit an additional one and even if they could they would have to shut down while it was being installed. Plus they can't guarantee that they would sell enough to justify the expense. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7698671/Burger-King-sued-cooking-Impossible-Whopper-grill-regular-meat-patties.html

If only they knew half the other shit that went on in food places ....there was 1 place here where the salad left on plate was washed and used again .!!!

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11278 on: November 20, 2019, 12:57:15 AM »

If only they knew half the other shit that went on in food places ....there was 1 place here where the salad left on plate was washed and used again .!!!

Place I worked in when I was a lot younger had a drunk 'chef' (and I use that term extremely loosely), the owner's dog would stick it's nose into anything interesting it found in the kitchen and the last day I worked there I found the chef scraping mould off the veg so it could be re used. That was the night he lobbed a meat cleaver at my head hence me leaving. It was pure coincidence that less than a week later environmental health paid an unexpected visit.   whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11279 on: November 20, 2019, 04:42:07 AM »

How fucking stupid

The impossible Whopper is the same as the Rebel Whopper and here in Oz they are very clear that they cannot say it's vegetarian for exactly that reason.  And it's never going to be vegan because it's got mayonnaise in it.

Well, whatever, nevermind