Author Topic: Mahoooooosive Spider  (Read 48148 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Mahoooooosive Spider
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2019, 03:35:46 AM »
When I saw the headline I was half expecting to find it was about Baldymort...  rubschin:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/02/man-screaming-dont-die-spider-triggers-full-police-response-8303178/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2019, 05:15:33 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »
The Goliath spider. Something tells me that both Mr Darwin sir's man and Baldymort would fail the newspaper test here...

They usually grow to be around 11.9 cm ( 4.5 inches) in length, but some Goliath Birdeaters have been known to reach lengths of 11 inches, which is about as big as a dinner plate. Their leg span is an amazing 28 cm, and they can weigh a whopping 175 grams, which is a little less than half a pound.  eeek:

Thankfully, you're unlikely to encounter one of these monsters in your home or back yard. They only inhabit the rain forests of northern South America, living marshy or swampy areas. Phew!

Right up until people decide that they would make great pets and then dump them somewhere when they get bored.

https://vt.co/animals/stories/meet-the-goliath-birdeater-the-largest-tarantula-in-the-world/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2019, 03:57:54 AM »
The Goliath spider. Something tells me that both Mr Darwin sir's man and Baldymort would fail the newspaper test here...

They usually grow to be around 11.9 cm ( 4.5 inches) in length, but some Goliath Birdeaters have been known to reach lengths of 11 inches, which is about as big as a dinner plate. Their leg span is an amazing 28 cm, and they can weigh a whopping 175 grams, which is a little less than half a pound.  eeek:

Thankfully, you're unlikely to encounter one of these monsters in your home or back yard. They only inhabit the rain forests of northern South America, living marshy or swampy areas. Phew!

Right up until people decide that they would make great pets and then dump them somewhere when they get bored.

https://vt.co/animals/stories/meet-the-goliath-birdeater-the-largest-tarantula-in-the-world/

eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2019, 11:22:19 AM »

eeek:
scared2:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2019, 05:54:54 PM »

eeek:
scared2:

Not that I want to worry old Buckethead even more but given their size I'd say they were the enforcers of the spider kingdom and would likely be sent out to deal with anyone who would fling a spider out the door.... 

I caught it!  eeek:

Walked in the kitchen this morning and there was the enemy... between me and the kettle, astaring at me with all its little eyes....  scared2:

If it wasn't for my craving for tea I would have made a hasty exit... but I knew it had to be him or me...  scared2:

Quick as a flash, I leapt for the industrial sized kitchen roll tore off two sheets and dropped them on my nemesis!

Shocked by the unexpected turn of events he headed for the door, taking the roll with it. I knew I had but one chance to save the day... I grabbed the moving paper!  eeek:

The next few minutes are somewhat of a blur, a desperate struggle as he tried to prise my fingers open and strike at me with his vicious fangs of death! Eight strong, hairy legs against my ten fingers... sweat poured from my brow... fortune passed one way and then the other...

Time passed, I struggled toward the door in a desperate battle with my dangerous cargo. I stepped outside and with the last strength in my body hurled the beast into the garden!

He his the floor with a loud 'thud!' then turned slowly and looked at his foe before walking away...

We both knew he would be back.  scared2:

*Gets blacks suit from cleaners.......*

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2019, 06:02:47 PM »
2009?

You could prolly go round the world for 50p then - and still have change

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
2009?

Spiders have long memories and hold grudges...  whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2019, 07:47:42 PM »
2009?

And Webs of Mass Destruction?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2019, 11:59:35 PM »
2009?

And Webs of Mass Destruction?

Don't be daft, but their intelligence service shows that they have a world wide web  redface:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2019, 03:05:33 AM »
 scared2:

There was a mahoosive snake that slithered into the road in front of me when I was on my walk yesterday!  eeek:

Part of GroundNet...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2019, 05:54:12 AM »
scared2:

There was a mahoosive snake that slithered into the road in front of me when I was on my walk yesterday!  eeek:

Part of GroundNet...?  rubschin:

Don't know, but at least they are polite...

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07/03/Snake-slithers-up-to-Texas-home-rings-doorbell/9131562163262/?sl=18

whistle: