Author Topic: An Administrator Calls  (Read 48225 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: An Administrator Calls
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »
Gibson guitars could be about to go into bankruptcy.....  eeek:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/gibson-guitars-bankruptcy-slash-santana-bob-marley-nashville-post-debt-a8217886.html
noooo:

I guess business did drop off with Liam not able to smash Noel's Gibsons anymore

Personally I'm blaming Simon Cowell et al for foisting all that X factor has no talent tuneless sanitised sampled shite on us over the years  cussing:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
Gibson guitars could be about to go into bankruptcy.....  eeek:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/gibson-guitars-bankruptcy-slash-santana-bob-marley-nashville-post-debt-a8217886.html
noooo:

I guess business did drop off with Liam not able to smash Noel's Gibsons anymore

Personally I'm blaming Simon Cowell et al for foisting all that X factor has no talent tuneless sanitised sampled shite on us over the years  cussing:

sad but true.......

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2020, 12:23:22 AM »
$48 billion in debt before Corona, their stock price dropping almost 40% in a month and now Disney has just had to raise $6 billion by way of a debt offering. The House of Mouse may soon be totally buggered...  noooo:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2020-03-20/disney-coronavirus-6-billion-dollars
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2020, 06:34:04 AM »
$48 billion in debt before Corona, their stock price dropping almost 40% in a month and now Disney has just had to raise $6 billion by way of a debt offering. The House of Mouse may soon be totally buggered...  noooo:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2020-03-20/disney-coronavirus-6-billion-dollars

Get woke go broke...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2020, 11:31:03 AM »

They don't seem to have had much difficulty raising that cash though and their share price has held up better than other hospitality companies

I'm not saying invest in Disney but with their strong streaming capabilities don't bet on their downfall
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »

They don't seem to have had much difficulty raising that cash though and their share price has held up better than other hospitality companies

I'm not saying invest in Disney but with their strong streaming capabilities don't bet on their downfall

I can't see streaming being able to make up the shortfall especially as they completely bollixed up the service roll out which meant that a large portion of the expected number who would sign up to watch the Mandalorian have ended up getting 'less than legitimate' access instead.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #321 on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »

I can't see streaming being able to make up the shortfall especially as they completely bollixed up the service roll out which meant that a large portion of the expected number who would sign up to watch the Mandalorian have ended up getting 'less than legitimate' access instead.

It's looking even more dire for Disney. They are losing an estimated $30 million a day, have furloughed 42,000 staff at Disneyworld alone and increased their borrowing by at least another $5 billion. Even if they are able to get the parks back open this year assuming that an extended period with no usage and minimal maintenance isn't going to cause technical issues with the rides I can't see them getting anywhere near the same amount of income from visitors.  noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »

It's looking even more dire for Disney. They are losing an estimated $30 million a day, have furloughed 42,000 staff at Disneyworld alone and increased their borrowing by at least another $5 billion. Even if they are able to get the parks back open this year assuming that an extended period with no usage and minimal maintenance isn't going to cause technical issues with the rides I can't see them getting anywhere near the same amount of income from visitors.  noooo:

Glad I held on to those Disney Dollars now...  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2020, 03:09:24 PM »

Glad I held on to those Disney Dollars now...  evil:

Well you should be ok if you run out of toilet paper...  whistle:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #324 on: April 14, 2020, 03:13:17 PM »

Nah

Their share price is holding up better than many https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DIS?p=DIS&.tsrc=fin-srch and capitalised to nearly $200B they will ride this out (pun?)

The big company to look for maybe going belly up is Boeing.  Down 2/3 in a year https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BA?p=BA&.tsrc=fin-srch  noooo:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2020, 03:55:23 PM »

Nah

Their share price is holding up better than many https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DIS?p=DIS&.tsrc=fin-srch and capitalised to nearly $200B they will ride this out (pun?)

The big company to look for maybe going belly up is Boeing.  Down 2/3 in a year https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BA?p=BA&.tsrc=fin-srch  noooo:

The page also shows that their shares are overvalued with a potential 15% loss. They look good in the short term but most of the capitalisation they have managed to arrange has to be paid off in a couple of years so mid to long is another matter. Their primary income is from the theme parks and cruises, how many people have cancelled holidays and park visits so that they can use the money to live on instead? 

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »
Cirque De Soliel (spelling.. rubschin: )...... noooo:

Offline Nick

« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2020, 07:14:42 PM »
INTU

Presently blocking a major Nottingham route with an unfinished construction project  evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »
INTU

Presently blocking a major Nottingham route with an unfinished construction project  evil:

Jim Bowen .... rubschin:  Innnnnnnnn one .......In Twoooooooo...... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2020, 05:13:39 AM »
INTU

Jim Bowen .... rubschin:  Innnnnnnnn one .......In Twoooooooo...... rubschin:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: