Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new TG's gorra job, worra bout you thread  (Read 93280 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: TG's gizza job thread.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »
You should set up a company exporting Imodium to Egypt. You'll make a fortune.
And Cillit Bang!  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 04:45:10 PM »
There is always work to be had as a Security Guard. Qualifications needed are a provable background and an absence of any pending criminal proceedings. Money usually works out at about £300 per week. Hours are sometimes awkward as obviously security is usually working when everyone else isn't. Advantage to that is that you can pretty much do as you want, read a book, listen to radio (TV watching is usually a no-no) and take an occasional stroll around the place to make sure it is still there. You are NOT there to catch criminals or get your head kicked in. You function is to observe and report. The boys with the blue lights do all the hard work.
Not the best job in the world but one anyone can do to fill in until something else (better) comes along. I have known many who have drifted into it for that reason and ten years later are still enjoying it.
As the recession deepens I can assure you that there will be more and more vacancies in that line.

Nah that would b  a defo last resort! as seem people do this etc. an also Tg dont drive that out completely! noooo:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 04:46:11 PM »
FFS man.Learn to drive!! Or get a bike!

Big Giant sore point...... Banghead
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »
The office job sounds better than the security job but not by much.

With IT skills there is the possibility of working for yourself. Lots of home users haven't the foggiest how their machines work and need to get a man in.

I have earned the odd bit of money (and the odd case of booze) by doing that. But being a non driver limits it a bit.

I'll sabot fix Nicks PC for £20 an hour but travelling expenses might be a bit steep.  confused:
A PS3, a 3 piece suite and driving lessons then... you're all sorted...  happy088

And broke and he ain't even got the money yet.

Get onto your local security company and be working by next weekend. Then you have income much higher than Job Seekers and all the time in the world to write CVs, applications etc whilst proving to prospective employers that you are not sitting on your arse doing nothing (Actually you will be spending your working hours sitting on your arse doing nothing but they don't know that).

Nah as said above not that desperate as yet, he would b bored to death! i have also found him a few job applications at the local court but he don't seem to enthusiastic, i say get as many in as possible!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:56 PM »
There is always work to be had as a Security Guard. Qualifications needed are a provable background and an absence of any pending criminal proceedings. Money usually works out at about £300 per week. Hours are sometimes awkward as obviously security is usually working when everyone else isn't. Advantage to that is that you can pretty much do as you want, read a book, listen to radio (TV watching is usually a no-no) and take an occasional stroll around the place to make sure it is still there. You are NOT there to catch criminals or get your head kicked in. You function is to observe and report. The boys with the blue lights do all the hard work.
Not the best job in the world but one anyone can do to fill in until something else (better) comes along. I have known many who have drifted into it for that reason and ten years later are still enjoying it.
As the recession deepens I can assure you that there will be more and more vacancies in that line.

Nah that would b  a defo last resort! as seem people do this etc. an also Tg dont drive that out completely! noooo:

What has driving got to do with sitting in a warm gatehouse, sipping tea, wearing clothing supplied by your employer and saying good morning to the drivers as they come in? I don't know what you may have thought you have seen but I can assure you that I spent twenty years in that industry and the work of a security man is a doddle and far better paid than the dole.

I got my eldest boy into it when he was twenty and out of work. He is now head of facilities and security for a major recording company's premises ~ doesn't have a GCSE to his name and pulls down £35k pa for a 37 hour week.

Honestly some people just will not be helped will they.  Banghead

Well TG I wish you luck in your search.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:57:24 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »
When I found out I was being made redundant, the bottom fell out of my world. Now, in Egypt, the world has fallen out of my bottom. Do the Imodium exporting. You'll be rich thanks to others' fizzy gravy.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »
When I found out I was being made redundant, the bottom fell out of my world. Now, in Egypt, the world has fallen out of my bottom. Do the Imodium exporting. You'll be rich thanks to others' fizzy gravy.

It was predictable TMR ~ try not to let it spoil the holiday.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
Fear not young Snoops, it has passed already. These Mummy's Tummy's never last long, if you drink enough.

I can handle the fizzy gravy, no problem. What I hate is mosquitos and this place is devoid of them. Unlike Turkey, where I was eaten alive.

It's also amazing what a two quid tip achieves - we never have to move, the drink just keeps coming. The Ruskies and Krauts are too tight to tip, so they form a scrum around the bars. Is it any wonder they lost the wars?

Offline Nick

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »
Good grief! noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:35 PM »
That's the spirit TMR. Show the buggers what being British is all about

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:44 AM »
got another two more to apply for....the more the merrier i say!  eyes:

Offline Nick

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 08:13:54 AM »
Excellento
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 08:18:41 AM »
got another two more to apply for....the more the merrier i say!  eyes:

I'd agree. Far better to offers to turn down than no offers at all!

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
Far better to offers to turn down than no offers at all!
rubschin:
Google translator says 'tilt'.
I mostly despair

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
Far better to have offers to turn down than no offers at all!
rubschin:
Google translator says 'tilt'.

redface: