Author Topic: Monkey Pox  (Read 989 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Monkey Pox
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 06:25:35 PM »

And far from these imagined 'the government will use this an excuse for some control of the people' paranoia this is actually what they're saying:

Well, they've done it quite recently actually so it isn't our imagination is it...? Time will tell if they'll use MonkeyPox to do it all over again won't it...?

My guess is, "yes"...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 06:27:39 PM »
I never said the government was going to use it as an excuse for more control. My point was that based upon the reactions to covid I could see there being knee jerk policy decisions that don't consider the long term ramifications.

Something interesting I've noticed on the .gov page. The bit I said earlier about Monkeypox being a HCID came from looking at it a couple of hours ago so it's been recently updated to remove that information even though they haven't removed the link to the detailed description of the term or amended the updates list.

However if you follow the link and check the list of HCID examples Monkeypox is still listed on there as an airborne HCID
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 06:44:05 PM »

And far from these imagined 'the government will use this an excuse for some control of the people' paranoia this is actually what they're saying:

Well, they've done it quite recently actually so it isn't our imagination is it...? Time will tell if they'll use MonkeyPox to do it all over again won't it...?

My guess is, "yes"...
No they did not

They reacted appropriately to a chronically overloaded NHS and 1,000+ a day dying of Covid despite Icke. Piers Corbyn and a few nutters saying it was all imagined.. 
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 08:12:05 PM »

My guess is, "yes"...
No they did not

They reacted appropriately to a chronically overloaded NHS and 1,000+ a day dying of Covid despite Icke. Piers Corbyn and a few nutters saying it was all imagined..

You forgot to add 'IMHO' to your reply... ::)

Sweden and other countries would beg to differ they acted appropriately...

And I think 'with Covid' might be more appropriate than 'of Covid'... Sending Covid positive patients back into care homes with the near-end-of life elderly wasn't the most brilliant plan was it...? What was the average age of death of Covid patients? 

Still, as I said... Time will tell if that was a one off or not...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 08:30:00 PM »
So did you

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 08:38:45 PM »

My guess is, "yes"...
No they did not

And I think 'with Covid' might be more appropriate than 'of Covid'... Sending Covid positive patients back into care homes with the near-end-of life elderly wasn't the most brilliant plan was it...? What was the average age of death of Covid patients? 

Sweden tried voluntary lockdown it worked for a while because Swedes aren't shitheads like too many Brits.  But they ended up with an appalling case and death rate than comparable nations and of course compulsory lockdown

The death with Covid story is an illusion.  Unless there was a dramatic tendency for people testing positive to fall under buses, get cancer or have heart attacks then when 1401 people were reported dead of Covid on 22 January 2021 and a 7 days rate of 1,240 a day the most that could be 'death with Covid' was just 30 leaving a daily rate of over 1,200 dead from Covid

And same day 38,420 Covid patients were clogging up our hospitals including 3,721 at death's door on ventilators

Facts  https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 08:41:24 PM »
So did you

No, I referred to the other places that didn't have the same NPIs yet had better outcomes... not my opinion at all... And sending Covid patients to care homes with vulnerable elderly, many that died of Covid is recorded fact too... ::)

"They reacted properly" is your humble opinion and is at odds with the facts...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 08:44:56 PM »

My guess is, "yes"...
No they did not

Sweden tried voluntary lockdown it worked for a while because Swedes aren't shitheads like too many Brits.  But they ended up with an appalling case and death rate than comparable nations and of course compulsory lockdown

The death with Covid story is an illusion.  Unless there was a dramatic tendency for people testing positive to fall under buses, get cancer or have heart attacks then when 1401 people were reported dead of Covid on 22 January 2021 and a 7 days rate of 1,240 a day the most that could be 'death with Covid' was just 30 leaving a daily rate of over 1,200 dead from Covid

And same day 38,420 Covid patients were clogging up our hospitals including 3,721 at death's door on ventilators

Facts  https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Deaths per 1,000,000 population...

Sweden #59, UK #27   Not so appalling then...?

They did better than... Well, I'm sure you can look up the list of the other 58 countries that did worse...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 09:07:32 PM »

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2022, 09:08:17 PM »
So did you

No, I referred to the other places that didn't have the same NPIs yet had better outcomes... not my opinion at all... And sending Covid patients to care homes with vulnerable elderly, many that died of Covid is recorded fact too... ::)

Moving the goalposts much?

We were talking about the need for lockdowns

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2022, 05:48:20 AM »
So did you

Moving the goalposts much?

We were talking about the need for lockdowns

That is an easy one then, the numbers are in.

Lockdowns didn't work and they have created financial devastation and ruined lives wherever they were implemented.

Back on topic...

I sincerely hope MonkeyPox isn't serious and restrictions aren't returned. However, there has already been much more reaction form the authorities than there was for the 2018 outbreak which most of us didn't even notice... I fear the worst...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2022, 07:01:25 AM »
There was one case in late 2019 and three in 2018 so this year's numbers are much higher and show community transmission

It's something that needs watching and a degree of concern, that's all anyone of any sense or authority has advocated

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2022, 02:23:02 PM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!