Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 7323 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Xbox
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2021, 09:19:16 AM »
The 360 does have built in anti piracy soft/hardware so your usual supplier of dodgy discs is probably not going to be any good in this case. The protection can also block games with the wrong region code in some cases.

I forgot about the Crysis series, a pretty good trilogy of science fiction shooters. The first game is still infamous as being so graphically overpowered the top end PC hardware available when it was first released wasn't good enough to run it at full spec.  lol:

I'm in 2 minds whether to recommend Far Cry 3 to you. It's a good game but it's seriously twisted in parts.

If you enjoy Assassins Creed 2 then AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations complete Ezio's story.

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Also, I need a game that I can pretend I haven't played before but then thrash an eleven year old....  redface:

I hate to tell you this but assuming that there are still 11 year olds playing on the 360 they would have sunk so many hours into the games that compared to you they will be Godlike and will obliterate you before you even know they are there. That being said Call of Duty or one of the Halo games (Reach might be your best bet plus it has a good single player story and is the prequel to Halo), either those or Destiny if the PVP is still available but you would need to level up your character first.  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2021, 09:28:36 AM »
The 360 does have built in anti piracy soft/hardware so your usual supplier of dodgy discs is probably not going to be any good in this case. The protection can also block games with the wrong region code in some cases.

I forgot about the Crysis series, a pretty good trilogy of science fiction shooters. The first game is still infamous as being so graphically overpowered the top end PC hardware available when it was first released wasn't good enough to run it at full spec.  lol:

I'm in 2 minds whether to recommend Far Cry 3 to you. It's a good game but it's seriously twisted in parts.

If you enjoy Assassins Creed 2 then AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations complete Ezio's story.

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Also, I need a game that I can pretend I haven't played before but then thrash an eleven year old....  redface:

I hate to tell you this but assuming that there are still 11 year olds playing on the 360 they would have sunk so many hours into the games that compared to you they will be Godlike and will obliterate you before you even know they are there. That being said Call of Duty or one of the Halo games (Reach might be your best bet plus it has a good single player story and is the prequel to Halo), either those or Destiny if the PVP is still available but you would need to level up your character first.  whistle:

No, she hasn't got an Xbox or anything but she does have a mobile phone...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2021, 09:30:41 AM »

Excellent!  Thumbs:

No, she hasn't got an Xbox or anything but she does have a mobile phone...  rubschin:

I doubt you would get crossplay from console to phone, I suppose her eccentric elderly relative could always buy her a 360 as well...  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2021, 10:58:32 AM »

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Best of luck with that

I still want a pin ball machine but god knows where I'd put it (no unkind suggestions please)

Bah!

I want a pinball machine too...

Had plenty of room I  the the house but never saw any for sale (See Also: Bar Billiards Tables).

Now I don't have room there is a guy here that refurbishes and sells them on BookFace almost every week!  cussing:
Bet they go for a fortune

We've extended this house 4 times and each time I've thought 'that'll make room for a Scalextric track/pinball/pool table/bar billiards and somehow it never has.  Probably on balance a good thing but  cry:

Two people I know got themselves juke boxes, even I think that's a daft move
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2021, 11:10:21 AM »

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Best of luck with that

I still want a pin ball machine but god knows where I'd put it (no unkind suggestions please)

Bah!

Had plenty of room I  the the house but never saw any for sale (See Also: Bar Billiards Tables).

Now I don't have room there is a guy here that refurbishes and sells them on BookFace almost every week!  cussing:

We've extended this house 4 times and each time I've thought 'that'll make room for a Scalextric track/pinball/pool table/bar billiards and somehow it never has.  Probably on balance a good thing but  cry:

He has just this minute posted, the bastard!  cussing:

I made an enquiry once - really cheap!  eeek:

Fully refurbished (and none of your electronic shyte) I think he wanted €350!  cry:

Bloke up the road has a Wurlitzer Jukebox - it is pretty but what is the fucking point of that...? Shrugs:

Perhaps an old one-armed bandit instead...?  rubschin:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2021, 11:27:37 AM »
It has to be a Wurlitzer, anything else is just tat.

But apart from it being an elephant in the room, sourcing content is an issue otherwise it's just the same 100 tracks and then there's maintenance.  Seems there's one guy in the South of England who both knows what he's doing and doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

Amazon Music played through the Telebox will do for me and I bet there's an XBox Jukebox App

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2021, 12:11:44 PM »

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Best of luck with that

Bah!

Fully refurbished (and none of your electronic shyte) I think he wanted €350!  cry:

Bloke up the road has a Wurlitzer Jukebox - it is pretty but what is the fucking point of that...? Shrugs:

Isn't LL going to UK soon ........ rubschin:       whistle:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2021, 12:13:14 PM »

But apart from it being an elephant in the room, sourcing content is an issue otherwise it's just the same 100 tracks and then there's maintenance.  Seems there's one guy in the South of England who both knows what he's doing and doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

Amazon Music played through the Telebox will do for me and I bet there's an XBox Jukebox App

Get a empty one for looks ...stick an Alexa in it ...... Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Best of luck with that

Bah!

Isn't LL going to UK soon ........ rubschin:       whistle:

I hadn't thought of that...  angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2021, 12:58:26 PM »

Stick a picture of a jukebox on Alexa and a note saying 'Honey I shrunk the Juke Box'?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2021, 01:09:43 PM »

Stick a picture of a jukebox on Alexa and a note saying 'Honey I shrunk the Juke Box'?

Use the space for the JB for a one-armed bandit and get another Google Home you say...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2021, 02:11:11 PM »

Use the space for the JB for a one-armed bandit and get another Google Home you say...?  rubschin:
:thumbsup:

How to get rid of overstaying visitors.  Suggest all play on the one armed bandit that keeps 20% for the house.  If they don't leave then loads of beer money in compensation.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »

How to get rid of overstaying visitors.  Suggest all play on the one armed bandit that keeps 20% for the house.  If they don't leave then loads of beer money in compensation.

Plus you sell them Old pennies for 10p....  eveilgrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »

It's the all new Las Vegas

Online apc2010

• Power Poster