Author Topic: My accidental CCTV camera  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
My accidental CCTV camera
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:24:40 PM »
So last year I installed the (so easy an idiot can do it) Blink CCTV with one of the cameras at the back of the house.  Last week it fell off the bracket (3rd time) and landed with a resounding crash on the patio.  (I'd effed up the bracket placement and kept putting off fixing it).  Would it still work post kamikaze dive?  Well mostly if not sensing movement and the image all colour wonky counts as 'working'

So stuff it, order a new one off Amazon, fix the bracket location so it properly clips in and await delivery.

And what happens?  Kamikaze camera gets better, in fact perfectly working.  Just too late to cancel the replacement

So I now accidentally have an extra camera and an accidental prone camera that is like that unbreakable character in that fillum.

Life is bonkers 

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: My accidental CCTV camera
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 05:12:47 AM »
So last year I installed the (so easy an idiot can do it) Blink CCTV with one of the cameras at the back of the house.  Last week it fell off the bracket (3rd time) and landed with a resounding crash on the patio.  (I'd effed up the bracket placement and kept putting off fixing it).  Would it still work post kamikaze dive?  Well mostly if not sensing movement and the image all colour wonky counts as 'working'

So stuff it, order a new one off Amazon, fix the bracket location so it properly clips in and await delivery.

And what happens?  Kamikaze camera gets better, in fact perfectly working.  Just too late to cancel the replacement

So I now accidentally have an extra camera and an accidental prone camera that is like that unbreakable character in that fillum.

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

I have two indoors, thinking of getting an outside one too...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

The Blink ones are easy peasy, no wiring or subscription required.  Not as cheap as they were though and there are some compromises

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R1H40PL4AQJB0Z?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 09:16:56 AM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

The Blink ones are easy peasy, no wiring or subscription required.  Not as cheap as they were though and there are some compromises

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R1H40PL4AQJB0Z?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

That is the one I was looking at... My mate up the road has a couple outside...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 09:22:16 AM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

That is the one I was looking at... My mate up the road has a couple outside...  rubschin:
It looks like they are trying to phase out the free cloud subscription for new users as the new mini cam only works with their new hub and that has either local or paid storage.  We have ours off when we know we'll be outside as otherwise it'd use batteries and storage up quickly.  With 4 cams since last July we've only used 92% of the allowed storage and 4 new batteries (£6) so we're probably over managing it.

PM if you want a typical video capture emailed

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 10:04:58 AM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

It looks like they are trying to phase out the free cloud subscription for new users as the new mini cam only works with their new hub and that has either local or paid storage.  We have ours off when we know we'll be outside as otherwise it'd use batteries and storage up quickly.  With 4 cams since last July we've only used 92% of the allowed storage and 4 new batteries (£6) so we're probably over managing it.

PM if you want a typical video capture emailed

Thanks, I gave my mate's a good test and reviewed the video... rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

Indoor one ...... eyes:

whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

Indoor one ...... eyes:

whistle:

Yes, you and Misty should come over...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 03:02:39 PM »

Life is bonkers

Which one is it...?

Indoor one ...... eyes:

whistle:

Yes, you and Misty should come over...  whistle:

Re-arrange the phrase ...... rubschin:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 03:10:02 PM »
 eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: