Disgusterous

Author Topic: Tech Support headaches.  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Tech Support headaches.
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2020, 02:01:17 PM »
A little shy of 10 hours. 

To put that into perspective there are a coupe of PC games I play, the last one I downloaded came in at just over 105Gb and I was able to download that in just over 4 hours.  Banghead
Just staggering that 105GB, and to think once upon a time gamers were satisfied with the size of program you could store on a C90 cassette tape

Well graphics have come along way:

to

think I prefer the top one
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2020, 02:57:14 PM »
A little shy of 10 hours. 

To put that into perspective there are a coupe of PC games I play, the last one I downloaded came in at just over 105Gb and I was able to download that in just over 4 hours.  Banghead
Just staggering that 105GB, and to think once upon a time gamers were satisfied with the size of program you could store on a C90 cassette tape

Well graphics have come along way:

to

think I prefer the top one

Manic Miner  cloud9: I spent many an hour as a kid playing that game.

http://torinak.com/qaop#!manicminer

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
Had a separate issue with another piece of software which I'm convinced is server side rather than on my side as every test I've been able to run has been coming up green.

Tech support's first suggestion: To connect my PC to another network and try again. Genius, because every household has two separate networks with individual t'interweb providers. Banghead
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2020, 12:56:31 PM »
Be like Apey and use your neighbour's  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »
It's a stupid step to take, they gave the bloody thing away free a few weeks ago and it was so popular that the site that was hosting it crashed due to the number of people trying to download it.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »
Had a separate issue with another piece of software which I'm convinced is server side rather than on my side as every test I've been able to run has been coming up green.

Tech support's first suggestion: To connect my PC to another network and try again. Genius, because every household has two separate networks with individual t'interweb providers. Banghead
Mine does  ;), so does yours probably

Connect it to your mobile phone operating as a local hotspot?

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2020, 02:32:22 PM »

Might give that a try once I've got an idea of the data usage.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »

Might give that a try once I've got an idea of the data usage.
Good point, I ran through a Gig in no time when the PC decided to back up all my files to the cloud using the iPhone.  Fortunately at that point an auto break kicked in

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »
I get 12Gig a month hotspot allowance on my phone so I should be ok but I'm still checking first.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2020, 04:01:49 PM »
 cussing:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »
cussing:

Neighbour changed their password again?  whistle: