Author Topic: The Election Thread  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The Election Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2019, 03:19:25 PM »
I detest Corbyn but even I won't blame him for that.  That's been a universally used phrase long before the Troubles

The DM would probably have slagged him off for using the word 'one' saying it was a reference to Hitler's slogans

True but you would think that he'd be aware enough to realise that he is once again declaring open season on himself. He may be the outgoing opposition leader but at the moment he's still in charge of Labour, why give even more ammunition to hit him with. Believe it or not this didn't come from the Mail but from replies to the tweet in question from members of the public. Looking back at previous leaders I'm starting to wonder if there is some arcane ritual when you get put in charge of the Labour party that removes your sense of putting your foot in your mouth.
Frankly he should just slink away and see if there's vacancies to be Santa Claus at the Pound Shop
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2019, 03:50:48 PM »
If you got to Labour List you can vote for the next leader and deputy!  eveilgrin:

Dianne Fatbot and David Lammy have just got my votes! happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2019, 04:02:09 PM »
If you got to Labour List you can vote for the next leader and deputy!  eveilgrin:

Isn't that the same approach that ended up with us saddled with Comrade Jeremy as leader?  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »

Isn't that the same approach that ended up with us saddled with Comrade Jeremy as leader?  noooo:

It is the same approach that made them un-electable...  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2019, 10:16:37 PM »
This is interesting imho https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/12/how-britain-voted-and-why-my-2019-general-election-post-vote-poll/

The first proper analysis of why people voted as they did.  Overall Brexit outcome was seen as less important than the motives of the party voted for and the ability to run the economy.  But for Tory voters Brexit was the top issue

Well, whatever, nevermind