Author Topic: The annual service and MOT  (Read 8401 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: The annual service and MOT
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 08:16:47 AM »
Big Iain the mechanic just rung...the engine managment light is on because of a problem with the throttle body...£500... eeek:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2019, 10:49:39 AM »
Big Iain the mechanic just rung...the engine managment light is on because of a problem with the throttle body...£500... eeek:
eeek: eeek:

I had to google throttle body  redface:   How the flying truck can they charge £500 for that?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2019, 07:14:12 AM »

I had to google throttle body  redface:   How the flying truck can they charge £500 for that?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/era-throttle-body-422441071  Plus 3 hrs labour. Plus the oil, air filter, oil filter, pollen filters, MOT and other bits and bobs. £536.73 in total. I've had the car 2 years and it's the first money I've spent on it, so not bad really - I have saved three times that in fuel costs since then  :thumbsup:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2019, 06:19:51 PM »

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/era-throttle-body-422441071  Plus 3 hrs labour. Plus the oil, air filter, oil filter, pollen filters, MOT and other bits and bobs. £536.73 in total. I've had the car 2 years and it's the first money I've spent on it, so not bad really - I have saved three times that in fuel costs since then  :thumbsup:

Pollen filters ....... noooo:

Poof......... noooo:   is your purse empty now ....... whistle:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
How is the Clown Car? Any punctures lately?  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2019, 07:20:35 PM »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes put like that . . . .
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2019, 05:06:07 AM »

lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2019, 05:12:04 AM »

lol:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: