Author Topic: The next Prime Minister  (Read 8734 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The next Prime Minister
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
I've met my Tory MP and exchanged emails with him.  He cares

I've never met my MP, the right Honorable member for Maidenhead but all the evidence is that she certainly doesn't care... noooo:
You want her to fly to Cyprus to deliver a personal "fuck off you ex-pats that pay bugger all UK tax, look at the trouble you've caused me in negotiations" message?

Yes Steve, all the 17.4 million were expats... ::)
In which parallel universe didn't she trigger Article 50?

In which parallel universe did she honour the referendum vote after three years...?
She honoured it, it was Boris and the ERG that voted her deal down forcing the extension

Poppycock!  lol:

Everybody (both sides) agreed that 'leave' would mean leaving the institutions of the EU...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIs91w7atjg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

May has singularly failed to do so... Instead, three years on we have a 'Withdrawal Agreement' which is BRINO...

Three years on she has completely failed to remove us from the institutions of the EU and the WA would serve to tie us to them for the foreseeable future... ::)

She has in no way whatsoever honoured the referendum vote...  noooo:
So your ballot form said 'leave with a no deal brexit' did it?

Mine didn't

It was always Leave with unstated detail TBD.  But the honest start point for such should have been the Vote Leave promises, you know like 'After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU'

Now you try delivering that without accepting some of the EU product rules and decision making on such
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »

I've never met my MP, the right Honorable member for Maidenhead but all the evidence is that she certainly doesn't care... noooo:
You want her to fly to Cyprus to deliver a personal "fuck off you ex-pats that pay bugger all UK tax, look at the trouble you've caused me in negotiations" message?

Yes Steve, all the 17.4 million were expats... ::)
In which parallel universe didn't she trigger Article 50?

In which parallel universe did she honour the referendum vote after three years...?
She honoured it, it was Boris and the ERG that voted her deal down forcing the extension

Poppycock!  lol:

Everybody (both sides) agreed that 'leave' would mean leaving the institutions of the EU...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIs91w7atjg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

May has singularly failed to do so... Instead, three years on we have a 'Withdrawal Agreement' which is BRINO...

Three years on she has completely failed to remove us from the institutions of the EU and the WA would serve to tie us to them for the foreseeable future... ::)

She has in no way whatsoever honoured the referendum vote...  noooo:
So your ballot form said 'leave with a no deal brexit' did it?

Mine didn't

It was always Leave with unstated detail TBD.  But the honest start point for such should have been the Vote Leave promises, you know like 'After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU'

Now you try delivering that without accepting some of the EU product rules and decision making on such

Nope. As you well know, it said 'Leave' or 'Remain', it really is that simple...

And what were we told that 'Leave' would involve...?

Yarp. Leaving the EU...

And before you criticise leave promises, perhaps you should look at the remain rhetoric, including financial Armageddon 'in the immediate aftermath of a leave vote'...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »
So what Vote Leave put in writing with Boris on the campaign committee that wrote it counts for eff all then?

And of course there's the official Vote Leave leaflet sent to every household in the UK (but not Cyprus) that talked of a Swiss style future

but hey ho according to you it was unambiguous no deal leave.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »

You really believe that he personally replies to all emails sent to him? He has 'people' for that.
Oh you've read them and know his office in detail do you?

Ducking the question as usual.

It was reported in 2014 some MPs received 100+ emails per day and given the growth in email usage it's likely your MP hasn't enough time in the day to reply to every email personally.

As far as I'm aware from everything I've read, seen or heard a MP has staff. I doubt your MP is any different.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 01:05:52 PM »
Well we'll never know will we

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »
So what Vote Leave put in writing with Boris on the campaign committee that wrote it counts for eff all then?

And of course there's the official Vote Leave leaflet sent to every household in the UK (but not Cyprus) that talked of a Swiss style future

but hey ho according to you it was unambiguous no deal leave.

It carries as much weight as the Remain campaign Steve...

I've mentioned before, if you take everything every MP (or political campaigner) says as fact you must be very naive indeed...

Both sides made their case (the government also sent a Remain leaflet to every household if you remember), and despite promises of financial Armageddon (among other things) thick, racist, little Englanders like myself still voted to leave...

...and the promise to 'implement what you decide' has still not been honoured...

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
Ah but that government was superceded by the 2017 government that promised first and foremost to make us stronger and more prosperous

As the courts have ruled, the result is only advisory otherwise they would have overthrown the result for the illegal way it was obtained. 

So now you have an advisory result that uber leavers say means a no deal Brexit that awkwardly is incompatible with the main promise this government was elected on.  Worse the inevitable next PM is one that thinks any promise is never ever binding

It's a mess, be careful he doesn't sell you ex-pats down the river

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »
Ah but that government was superceded by the 2017 government that promised first and foremost to make us stronger and more prosperous

As the courts have ruled, the result is only advisory otherwise they would have overthrown the result for the illegal way it was obtained. 

So now you have an advisory result that uber leavers say means a no deal Brexit that awkwardly is incompatible with the main promise this government was elected on.  Worse the inevitable next PM is one that thinks any promise is never ever binding

It's a mess, be careful he doesn't sell you ex-pats down the river

They promised to respect the result....

They all voted for Article 50...

They all stood in the last election promising to respect the result...

They haven't honoured the result and now many of them want to openly overturn it or kick the can down the road. That isn't democracy.

Be careful what you wish for.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »

As the courts have ruled, the result is only advisory...

In the same House of Lords report that said referenda were not legally binding, the committee concluded that “it would be difficult for Parliament to ignore a decisive expression of public opinion”.

Obviously not so.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
But as Farage himself said: a 52:48 result is not decisive

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »

So if it had gone the other way, 52 Remain and 48 Leave...

You'd have been happy if the government said, "Never mind, we're going to leave anyway, it was only advisory"...?   lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 03:24:06 PM »

You'd have been happy if the government said, "Never mind, we're going to leave anyway, it was only advisory"...?   lol:
No and I'd also have supported a rerun if Remain had won using the sort of record breaking illegal deeds we saw Vote Leave and Farage's outfit use

Anyway it seems you have forgotten again that this government has triggered article 50.  Their problem is they also made other promises and their own analyses show they're all incompatible with the no deal leave the ERG see as the only true Leave

It's a mess and I just can't see Boris as the man to lead us out of it, more the opposite

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »

No and I'd also have supported a rerun if Remain had won using the sort of record breaking illegal deeds we saw Vote Leave and Farage's outfit use

Anyway it seems you have forgotten again that this government has triggered article 50.  Their problem is they also made other promises and their own analyses show they're all incompatible with the no deal leave the ERG see as the only true Leave

It's a mess and I just can't see Boris as the man to lead us out of it, more the opposite

To which 'record breaking illegal deeds ' do you refer...? ::)

And yes, they did trigger Article 50 - they could hardly have delayed it any longer could they...?

But then they did everything in their power to stop Brexit. And Lo! Treason has backed Rory (arch remainer) and promised to do everything she can to stop a WTO Brexit... What was her agenda over the past three years do you think...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »
No they have not done everything in their power to delay Brexit

Had that been their mindset they would have sacked Boris when he poisoned negotiations and more importanly gone to the Electoral Commission immediately after the EC revealed the record breaking illegal spending and asked the bleeding obvious question: "Can we still trust the 2016 result to be a fair reflection of the electorate's will?"

But they didn't ask did they.  And we all know why, they feared the answer would be "no".  And that would had the obvious consequence of necessitating a further and binding referendum (probably 3 way: deal, no deal and remain)

It's been a leave at all costs government, you just don't like that there are more varieties of leaving than Heinz have lines and like many you seemingly demand that your preferred one is 'the only true Brexit'.  Well it isn't