Author Topic: Phone and broadband gone bust  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Phone and broadband gone bust
« on: October 23, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
And BT only promise to fix it within 2 days starting at 5 today AND it might cost us £130

grrrr

Thank fuck for mobiles and personal hotspots
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Phone and broadband gone bust
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 03:50:01 PM »
I ditched BT about three years ago for being money grasping morons. Vodafone have been pretty good.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 04:20:23 PM »
I ditched BT about three years ago for being money grasping morons. Vodafone have been pretty good.
Tempting to switch for other reasons too but   BT own the phone connection whatever and everyone I know that’s switched has big line problems after with the new provider and BT blaming each other

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
Tempting to switch for other reasons too but   BT own the phone connection whatever and everyone I know that’s switched has big line problems after with the new provider and BT blaming each other

What an ongoing fiasco, I should have kept my big keyboard gob shut with that ^

Phone line came back 8am the next day.  Still waiting for broadband because BT have their system and it really cannot cope with the problem being in their network (or is it OpenReach's network).  They break promises for calls and keep hoping sending me yet another BT-Hub will fix things - no it doesn't

Tempting to jump ship to another provider but the obvious one (Sky) doesn't support the 6 digit text message codes so many businesses seem to expect replies to

All in all  Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Banghead

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »

What an ongoing fiasco, I should have kept my big keyboard gob shut with that ^

Phone line came back 8am the next day.  Still waiting for broadband because BT have their system and it really cannot cope with the problem being in their network (or is it OpenReach's network).  They break promises for calls and keep hoping sending me yet another BT-Hub will fix things - no it doesn't

Tempting to jump ship to another provider but the obvious one (Sky) doesn't support the 6 digit text message codes so many businesses seem to expect replies to

All in all  Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Banghead

pathead:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »
Moves £10 to other pocket

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »

That'll go towards the repairs like!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 06:04:30 PM »

To be fair a very switched on BT supervisor lady from India has now called twice and clearly understands it has gone wrong their end but is somewhat powerless to actually get an engineer out to the cabinet until they have wasted my time with yet another phone call tomorrow

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 06:07:37 PM »

To be fair a very switched on BT supervisor lady from India has now called twice and clearly understands it has gone wrong their end but is somewhat powerless to actually get an engineer out to the cabinet until they have wasted my time with yet another phone call tomorrow

noooo:

We pay OTT here I'm sure but the (until recently) monopoly Cyta are excellent!

I ordered an extra phone line, 30 mins later the doorbell rang and the Cyta guy was there... He said, "all fitted" and handed me a piece of paper with the new number on it!  eeek:

They have two engineers that 'live' in our village (pop ~2,000) and fix things like yesterday...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »

noooo:

I ordered an extra phone line, 30 mins later the doorbell rang and the Cyta guy was there... He said, "all fitted" and handed me a piece of paper with the new number on it!  eeek:

They have two engineers that 'live' in our village (pop ~2,000) and fix things like yesterday...  cloud9:
I'm paying just under £30 a month for unlimited broadband (allegedly superfast) and the phone line then almost another £20 a month for (mostly) free calls and what they call 'calling features' which turn out to be suprisingly mundane (Call Waiting, Ring Back, Caller Display)

I suspect you get a better deal

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »

noooo:

I'm paying just under £30 a month for unlimited broadband (allegedly superfast) and the phone line then almost another £20 a month for (mostly) free calls and what they call 'calling features' which turn out to be suprisingly mundane (Call Waiting, Ring Back, Caller Display)

I pay €32.76 + VAT = €39.98 for 50M down and 4M up and we get that consistently...

No phone line here as we make all calls on Skype or WhatsApp...

My mobile is €2.10 per month plus VAT plus calls plus SMS plus mobile data but I never use calls or mobile data as everywhere has WiFi...

I can get up to 160M for €90.81 (inc VAT) but I find the 50M perfectly adequate...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »

noooo:

I pay €32.76 + VAT = €39.98 for 50M down and 4M up and we get that consistently...

No phone line here as we make all calls on Skype or WhatsApp...

My mobile is €2.10 per month plus VAT plus calls plus SMS plus mobile data but I never use calls or mobile data as everywhere has WiFi...

I can get up to 160M for €90.81 (inc VAT) but I find the 50M perfectly adequate...
When it's working we get typically 30M down and 7M up.  Mobile via Sky is £10 a month excl phone and incl 1Gig data which I can bank and am now running down that bank big time

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
We have broadband

And now I have to sort out a millionteen resulting issues  Banghead