Author Topic: Wallowing in Grief  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Wallowing in Grief
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 10:28:46 AM »
When I lived in Scouseland I got sick of seeing flowers and teddies tied to lamp posts. It has now spread.................. noooo:
Will Grenfell grief outlast Hillsborough?

rubschin:

I suspect both will go on ferevah....  noooo:
I doubt it, who remembers the Herald of free Enterprise now?  Or Ladbroke Grove, Bradford or even Hither Green?    Hillsborough is extended because of the decades long cover up

I remember the Herald of Free Enterprise, in part because in an almost Nickesque show of doziness the radio station I was listening to followed up the newsflash with 'Dancing on the Ceiling'  noooo:

Looking back I'm pretty sure that was the origin of the joke going around soon after.

facepalm:
facepalm: facepalm:

Herald of Free Enterprise was horrible, like Grenfell, Hillsborough and Heisel the TV coverage was almost contemporaneous and you knew you were watching as rescuers were failing to save real people's lives

Air crashes are more of the 'we know they're all dead, why did it happen?' coverage

Air crashes are interesting... Wasn't it Heseltine that decided the enquiry into the Papa India disaster at Staines would be public. That decision resulted in the enquiry being sent off in all sorts of unhelpful directions by relatives of the dead. Much like Grenfell.

Air crash investigations have resulted in air travel becoming incredibly safe (I remember that air crashes were a regular event, there always seemed to be a batch of them around Xmas for some reason).
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »
When I lived in Scouseland I got sick of seeing flowers and teddies tied to lamp posts. It has now spread.................. noooo:

rubschin:

I doubt it, who remembers the Herald of free Enterprise now?  Or Ladbroke Grove, Bradford or even Hither Green?    Hillsborough is extended because of the decades long cover up

I remember the Herald of Free Enterprise, in part because in an almost Nickesque show of doziness the radio station I was listening to followed up the newsflash with 'Dancing on the Ceiling'  noooo:

Looking back I'm pretty sure that was the origin of the joke going around soon after.

facepalm:

Herald of Free Enterprise was horrible, like Grenfell, Hillsborough and Heisel the TV coverage was almost contemporaneous and you knew you were watching as rescuers were failing to save real people's lives

Air crashes are more of the 'we know they're all dead, why did it happen?' coverage

Air crashes are interesting... Wasn't it Heseltine that decided the enquiry into the Papa India disaster at Staines would be public. That decision resulted in the enquiry being sent off in all sorts of unhelpful directions by relatives of the dead. Much like Grenfell.

Air crash investigations have resulted in air travel becoming incredibly safe (I remember that air crashes were a regular event, there always seemed to be a batch of them around Xmas for some reason).
Air crash investigation reports are amazing, they go into so many details of what happened and when and whatifs of alternate courses of action - often disproving idiot theories

I don't recall the Staines investigation but in those days inquiries were quick and given the issues behind Staines there was some justification for it.  What was disappointing was it didn't consider the benefits if the accident had somehow managed to erase Staines from the face of the earth or even taken out Slough instead

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/staines-town-died-shame.html

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »

rubschin:

facepalm:

Air crash investigation reports are amazing, they go into so many details of what happened and when and whatifs of alternate courses of action - often disproving idiot theories

I don't recall the Staines investigation but in those days inquiries were quick and given the issues behind Staines there was some justification for it.  What was disappointing was it didn't consider the benefits if the accident had somehow managed to erase Staines from the face of the earth or even taken out Slough instead

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/staines-town-died-shame.html

Well that is shite... ::)

But I remember Papa India like it was yesterday even tho I was only twelve.... 
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
Seems I'm not alone:

Certainly not  noooo:
I mostly despair