Author Topic: Grumpy has just applied for...  (Read 12045 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »
Live on St Michaels Mount as a Visitor Services Manager  cloud9:

Something tells me I haven't got a snowball's chance in hell but I'm going for it anyway  :thumbsup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5582407/Is-best-job-Britain-Applications-flood-dream-job.html
Go for it

IMHO not just one of the best bits of Cornwall, one of the best bits of Britain
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 12:41:01 PM »
Immigration Officer in St Helena? 50 grand a year? Only one plane a week arriving?

Well that's my CV sent off...  :thumbsup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5929631/How-live-paradise-earn-50k-year.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
Immigration Officer in St Helena? 50 grand a year? Only one plane a week arriving?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5929631/How-live-paradise-earn-50k-year.html

Do they have interwebz...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »

Yes  :thumbsup:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2018, 12:47:26 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

Yes  :thumbsup:

Oh...  sadsmiley30:

You just want to get rid of me...  sad24:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »

Stuff that, do they have beer?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »
Yes, they have a good selection of beers as well as some interesting sounding locally distilled spirits..

Tungi Cactus Pear Spirit
Tungi (pronounced Toon Gee) is a clear smooth spirit, refreshing and palatable drink full of flavour whilst retaining robust power and alcoholic strength. It is made from the prickly or cactus pears which Saints call Tungi, plants which were originally brought to the island by the colonial ivory traders from East Africa in the 1850′s. Three varieties of Tungi cactus now grow wild and organically on the dry coastal regions of the island.

The spirit was first developed on St Helena as ‘prickly pear whisky’ from the 1850, but now using the most modern distilling techniques and a blend of two principal varieties of Tungi, Paul has produced the optimum flavours. Ideal for straight shot-drinking, cocktails and combinations like the ‘Jamestown Mule’ and ‘Holdfast Tom’

White Lion Spiced Rum
St Helena White Lion Rum commemorates the island’s celebrated ‘sunken treasure’ shipwreck, when the Dutch Still 1vessel ‘Witte Leeuw’, (White Lion) sunk in James Bay in 1613 after a brief but spectacular naval action with the Portuguese. Returning from Java, she was carrying peppercorns, nutmeg, cloves, diamonds and precious Chinese Ming porcelain and was armed with 30 bronze cannons, one of which is in the Museum by the famous Jacob‘s Ladder cliff staircase.

White Lion Spiced Rum is an authentic homage to the favoured liquor of the Seventeenth Century sailors who first combined pure white rum and the exotic spices of the Orient with which they had become uniquely familiar. Today it is produced in exclusive quantities and blended at the world’s most isolated working distillery situated in Alarm Forest, not very far from Napoleon‘s Tomb.

Midnight Mist Coffee Liqueur
Midnight Mist is an exquisitely smooth flavour-infused liqueur, repeated from previous, often compared to Kahlua. it’s production involves the combining of island-grown coffee, handpicked from the steep-sided slopes of this rocky but fertile British territory, with premium quality locally-produced spirit from the St Helena Distillery.

The blend is then sweetened and balanced for alcoholic content to give a consistent and distinctive taste and aroma. This original liqueur was developed exclusively on St Helena using green-tipped bourbon Arabica coffee grown with seed originally brought from the Yemen in 1733. For Midnight Mist the beans are deeply dark roasted and percolated before being blended with St Helena Rum to give a unique and satisfying coffee liqueur experience.

Jamestown Gin
After the discovery of the rare Bermuda Juniper, which grows very well on St Helena, it was decided to add a Gin to the Distillery portfolio. This Gin is very different to most gins, it is the only Gin in the world made from the infusion of Bermuda Juniper, making it a very smooth, subtle Gin with a strength of 43%.

Spirits o'clock (hic)  :thumbsup:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 08:54:38 AM »
This could have potential...  rubschin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6075471/Luxury-Maldives-resort-advertises-bookseller-run-pop-shop.html

rubschin:

"The successful applicant will have to run the pop-up bookshop for at least three months and host creative writing courses"

Oh we could so help with that  eveilgrin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2018, 12:50:25 AM »
Travel the world and drink gin, take 2...  :thumbsup:

https://www.mr-foggs.com/around-the-world/

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
NASA want's to pay someone 12 grand to stay in bed for 70 days....  rubschin:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/15/nasa-wants-to-pay-someone-12000-to-sleep-for-70-days-7947051/

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »

Offline Nick

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2018, 07:45:58 PM »
Miss I?  I would die, but what do I care   eyes: eyes:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire