Disgusterous

Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 63771 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2019, 08:10:11 PM »
Went to see the current Spiderman movie (Spiderman - far from home)

At times it is excellent with some very good acting and some good jokes but too often it disappoints.  Unlike the critics that loved it, we left feeling we'd been entertained but that's about it
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »
Went to see the current Spiderman movie (Spiderman - far from home)

At times it is excellent with some very good acting and some good jokes but too often it disappoints.  Unlike the critics that loved it, we left feeling we'd been entertained but that's about it

Haven't got around to watching it yet but I have a sneaking feeling that description will cover the Marvel franchise from now on as I don't think they have an overall story arc anymore.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2019, 01:47:06 AM »
The first trailer for Top Gun 2 has dropped...

http://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420

rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2019, 10:11:55 AM »
The first trailer for Top Gun 2 has dropped...

http://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420

rubschin:
Starts like the Star Wars trailer but after that very good

Will see what Kermode says but looks like one that has to be seen in cinema

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2019, 04:34:05 AM »
Something tells me that BM will be first in the queue when this gets released...

http://youtu.be/FtSd844cI7U

Rebel Wilson..  Banghead

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
It's a wait for it to come on TV fillum for us here

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
Something tells me that BM will be first in the queue when this gets released...

http://youtu.be/FtSd844cI7U

Rebel Wilson..  Banghead

noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2019, 06:57:18 PM »
Oh for the love of God, another bloody reboot. This time it's Home Alone...  Banghead

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7331343/Home-set-REBOOT-Disney-fans-outraged-news.html

Look Bob, there is a reason why your stock has dipped this quarter. You aren't listening to your customers and you are allowing well loved and profitable franchises that you have forked out a bleedin' fortune for to be ruined. Look at the absolute mess that Star Wars has become, three underwhelming films and a new series of a cartoon and it's taken up until now that a director has gone to George Lucas for advice on how to create something that doesn't ruin the legacy of the original films. Now look at Marvel phase 4, something that has been met with a tidal wave of 'meh' from the fans (and yes I know that Endgame is now the highest grossing film of all time but that is purely down to a cynical cash grab as all you added to the re-release were a couple of additional end credit scenes that should have been there in the first place ESPECIALLY the Stan Lee one. And not forgetting that your all singing all dancing Galaxy's Edge attraction has had such a poor attendance that you have had to significantly cut staff hours and the less said about Dark Phoenix the better. So now you are just raiding the archives for anything you can 'reboot' for a fast cash grab hence the live action remakes you are flooding cinemas with.

I'm going to assume that as you are the CEO of Disney you are an intelligent person, so how on earth have you forgotten the golden rule that the customer is always right. The fan base knows what it wants, well written stories that respect the lore of their corresponding franchises, people want to be entertained, not preached to so give them that. Then you could reboot old properties because you think they have a chance at being popular again and not because you are trying to make up for losses because people aren't going to see other releases.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2019, 08:07:33 PM »
I thought Endgame was a very good one

A Home Alone reboot.   noooo:    Will they have a female focus and someone playing Gary Glitter?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
I thought Endgame was a very good one

A Home Alone reboot.   noooo:    Will they have a female focus and someone playing Gary Glitter?

Don't get me wrong, I loved Endgame but the way that they re-released it with the only change being a couple of additional credit scenes was nothing more than a blatant cash grab in order for it to beat Avatar

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »
So Darth Rey and an evil looking C-3PO, why not go the whole hog and Darth Tico and Darth Jar Jar  noooo:

http://youtu.be/9Gn6Z6RbFeM

I think it's safe to say that if I do end up watching this I'll be waiting an additional couple of weeks till I can have a free ticket...

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2019, 08:21:54 PM »
I'll certainly wait until the schoolkids are back being tortured by teachers in January

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2019, 10:30:16 PM »
Just found out I'm not working next Thursday when the It pre screening double bill is on...  cloud9:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2019, 11:38:06 PM »
Just found out I'm not working next Thursday when the It pre screening double bill is on...  cloud9:

Reviews ..... Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2019, 11:39:25 PM »
Well I wasn't expecting much with the new Rambo film but when the writer who originally created the character slams it that can't be a good sign...  noooo:

https://twitter.com/_DavidMorrell/status/1175060258399481857