Disgusterous

Author Topic: Blocked tubes  (Read 9112 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Blocked tubes
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »
Welcome back!  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 12:33:31 PM »
Indeed he is!

Some pics to keep you amused . . . (latest first etc.)

Check out the sexy waistcoat . . .

Also, have had some aggro wiv the horsepickle last night like:

Tried to settle about 10. They'd brought an old bloke back next to me and he seemed in a bad way with multi-way high (sound) level discussions being held constantly at his bedside.

Also, all remaining nursing staff (from the sound of it from right across the hospital) decided to have a "who can make the most noise" contest at the nurses' station just outside the room.

Then the other old coot opposite was brought in! He was a new one. At first I thought he was going to be quiet - then the coughing started! Sounded like the mating call of a giant bull seal! Then silence for a bit - then more coughing!

Then Peter (the bloke on my left - pleasant enough but turned out to be a God bothere) started. Cough, cough, fart, cough, snore, sleep-talk, snore, talk, cough, cough, snore, fart, cough, snore, talk, talk and so on . . .

Anyway upshot was, I went walk about to try and find somewhere, anywhere, where I might be able to kip in peace! Problem was, everywhere with seats was locked up!

Ended up sat on a stool up the corridor from the nurses' station (where I was eyeing up a spare bed . . .)

Couple of staff said "Are you OK?"

"Not really" I replied, explaining that a 50's TB ward probably wasn't THE best place to be recovering from major heart surgery - that added to the fact that I had only had about 5 hours sleep over the last three nights!

I asked if I could bed down on the spare bed. (Also tried subtle approach of pointing out that if I got dressed and walked out there wasn't a lot they could do . . .)

She went off saying she would consult "Sister" . . .

Came back some minutes later to announce that they were moving me.

They moved me to the next room where I climbed into bed at 11:45. I prompltly fell asleep in the blissful peace! Slept through till they came for BP etc. 5 mins ago (just after 7:00).

What luxury! Now all I need is to escape! I will make a cunning plan . . .

Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
Indeed he is!

Tried to settle about 10. They'd brought an old bloke back next to me and he seemed in a bad way with multi-way high (sound) level discussions being held constantly at his bedside.

Also, all remaining nursing staff (from the sound of it from right across the hospital) decided to have a "who can make the most noise" contest at the nurses' station just outside the room.

Then the other old coot opposite was brought in! He was a new one. At first I thought he was going to be quiet - then the coughing started! Sounded like the mating call of a giant bull seal! Then silence for a bit - then more coughing!

Then Peter (the bloke on my left - pleasant enough but turned out to be a God bothere) started. Cough, cough, fart, cough, snore, sleep-talk, snore, talk, cough, cough, snore, fart, cough, snore, talk, talk and so on . . .

Anyway upshot was, I went walk about to try and find somewhere, anywhere, where I might be able to kip in peace! Problem was, everywhere with seats was locked up!

Ended up sat on a stool up the corridor from the nurses' station (where I was eyeing up a spare bed . . .)

"Not really" I replied, explaining that a 50's TB ward probably wasn't THE best place to be recovering from major heart surgery - that added to the fact that I had only had about 5 hours sleep over the last three nights!

I asked if I could bed down on the spare bed. (Also tried subtle approach of pointing out that if I got dressed and walked out there wasn't a lot they could do . . .)

They moved me to the next room where I climbed into bed at 11:45. I prompltly fell asleep in the blissful peace! Slept through till they came for BP etc. 5 mins ago (just after 7:00).

Thumbs:
Thumbs: Thumbs:

A new line in photo selfies!
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »
Indeed he is!

Thumbs:

rubschin:

Mind you, I'd need bloody long arms for the middle one . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 01:12:56 PM »
Good to see you up and about   :thumbsup:

• Fool Member
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 04:19:03 PM »
The dozy buggers!    Banghead Banghead Explode: cussing:

Before the op the GP ( Grand Prick) put me on water tablets.

I had bowed to peer-group pressure and lowered my (normally) high salt intake.

End result?

Sodium levels tanked and op was postponed. 

Sodium supplement tabs NO water tabs and normal service resumed on the salt front.

Result! Sodium levels restored.

Last Wednesday was the op.

For some reason best known to the Grand Poohbah (consultant) I was put on water tabs and told to drink (water unfortunately) for Britain.

Result?

(Bet you can't see this one coming . . .)

Sodium levels have tanked, and, instead of going home, I face being stuck in here for the forseeable . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 04:21:50 PM »
The dozy buggers!    Banghead Banghead Explode: cussing:

Before the op the GP ( Grand Prick) put me on water tablets.

I had bowed to peer-group pressure and lowered my (normally) high salt intake.

End result?

Sodium levels tanked and op was postponed. 

Sodium supplement tabs NO water tabs and normal service resumed on the salt front.

Result! Sodium levels restored.

Last Wednesday was the op.

For some reason best known to the Grand Poohbah (consultant) I was put on water tabs and told to drink (water unfortunately) for Britain.

Result?

(Bet you can't see this one coming . . .)

Sodium levels have tanked, and, instead of going home, I face being stuck in here for the forseeable . . .

facepalm:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 04:47:19 PM »
Judging by your pics the suicide bomber act may do the trick  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

• Fool Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 06:54:06 PM »
Judging by your pics the suicide bomber act may do the trick  rubschin:

cussing:

Online Nick

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
Mind your blood pressure  noooo:

Online Nick

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »
Indeed he is!

Thumbs:

rubschin:

Mind you, I'd need bloody long arms for the middle one . . .

Separated at birth?  rubschin:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
Separated at birth?  rubschin:

Didn't he die of a heart attack?

Online Nick