Disgusterous

Author Topic: My new phone  (Read 55642 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: My new phone
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2020, 09:39:49 AM »
Of course it's a sign of he times that 6 year olds are now almost expected to have a phone.  Was talking to a teacher at the weekend, her view is no issue as long as they do not use them in the classroom or for bullying and it's the camera that becomes the problem

I must have been 12 or 13 before we got a land-line... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2020, 10:11:34 AM »
Of course it's a sign of he times that 6 year olds are now almost expected to have a phone.  Was talking to a teacher at the weekend, her view is no issue as long as they do not use them in the classroom or for bullying and it's the camera that becomes the problem

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:   
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

I remember going down the phone box with my four pennies... I only knew one person that actually had a telephone in the house...  razz:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

I remember going down the phone box with my four pennies... I only knew one person that actually had a telephone in the house...  razz:
press button A, press button B.  What a pallaver that was

I blame the break up with my first real girlfriend on not having a phone at home.  Well that and that I was a bit of an erk with no money at the time and she (eventually) turned out to be gay. 

rubschin: nope, twas 100% the no phone to blame   Liar:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2020, 04:08:57 PM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

I blame the break up with my first real girlfriend on not having a phone at home.  Well that and that I was a bit of an erk with no money at the time and she (eventually) turned out to be gay. 

Had a "party" line ( I think it was called ?? )..so sometimes next door where on phone when you picked up to call ... rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2020, 05:36:31 PM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

Had a "party" line ( I think it was called ?? )..so sometimes next door where on phone when you picked up to call ... rubschin:
We had one of those for a time, choice was that or no phone line.  What a stone age idiocy that was.  But you try explaining it to the youfs of today

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2020, 06:09:54 PM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

We had one of those for a time, choice was that or no phone line.  What a stone age idiocy that was.  But you try explaining it to the youfs of today

Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2020, 07:14:06 PM »
And those phone locks that could be opened with a nail file  happy001

The hours I spent in the hallway on the phone  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2020, 07:51:51 PM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

That is just a lack of friends ..nothing to do with phones ... whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2020, 05:43:41 AM »

You were lucky!

Not til I was 17  cry:

lol:

That is just a lack of friends ..nothing to do with phones ... whistle:

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »
Right into the early 70's, the Newbury area didn't have direct dialling. We had what looked like a normal "modern" phone but with no dial.

You lifted the handset and, after a few seconds, a lady said "Number Please".
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
Right into the early 70's, the Newbury area didn't have direct dialling. We had what looked like a normal "modern" phone but with no dial.

rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2020, 05:20:51 PM »

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2021, 04:48:47 PM »
Question

Vodafone says I am due for a phone upgrade (iPhone11) and I talked them into giving me a £5 a month tarriff reduction AND the new phone free of charge. It arrives tomorrow.

Can't be arsed to set up a new phone that I don't want, so thinking of flogging it online. How to do this and how much to ask (Flea Bay or other?)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2021, 04:56:52 PM »
Question

Vodafone says I am due for a phone upgrade (iPhone11) and I talked them into giving me a £5 a month tarriff reduction AND the new phone free of charge. It arrives tomorrow.

Can't be arsed to set up a new phone that I don't want, so thinking of flogging it online. How to do this and how much to ask (Flea Bay or other?)

A pressie ..... cloud9: