Disgusterous

Author Topic: Surely the question should be  (Read 31582 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Surely the question should be
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
Surely you mean 'their plan' not 'our plan'   We's in Blightly Meister

Your link says no sex offenders there now, as for homeless and Covid the worlds thinnest book is 'Solutions for homeless and Covid that look good'  It is an humungous mess with no clever answers

As for your conspiracy theory, rarely has fetched been so far.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2020, 09:16:05 PM »
Really? Look at De Blasio's performance so far. Even before Covid he had already lost the respect of the NYPD who considered him an epic failure (something shown most effectively when during the funeral of a slain officer most of those attending turned their back on him during his speech) but we've seen his blatant support for the BLM rioters alongside the Manhattan DA who is either blocking or reducing criminal charges one of which involved a felony assault against a female police officer that was reduced to a misdemenor. Massively reducing the police budget which led to a dramatic increase in violent crime across the city. Scamming taxpayers money to paint an illegal BLM sign on one of the city streets (he didn't get a permit to do so) and then had the already stretched NYPD waste around 30 officers to protect it. Targeting small businesses who were desperate to reopen so that they wouldn't go under. Insulting those who saw the writing on the wall and could afford to leave (don't forget that 1% of New Yorkers provided over 30% of the city's tax revenue) while Cuomo was trying to bring them back. He has repeatedly targetted the Jewish community, the most blatant example being when he sent police officers to break up the funeral of a prominent Rabbi blatantly ignoring the fact that the NYPD and the community had worked together ahead of time to plan the funeral in order to make it safe for mourners to pay their respects. This was happening during the BLM protests where he had no problem with thousands of people congregating in close proximity.

Do you really think that those who were able to get out of NYC are going to come back to all that again when they can just as easily work from home? Either De Blasio is an arrogant idiot who thinks he can click his fingers and people will flood back to the city or he has an agenda that involves running it into the ground. Small businesses wont recover, thousands of them have already gone under due to covid and the riots/looting. Tourism? Who in their right mind would want to go to a city in that state? Larger businesses? Now they have seen that the police aren't going to be able to protect their investment risk assessment will most likely convince them to steer clear, especially if they can save money on property rental by having their staff work remotely from now on.

Now you can try to apply Hanlon's Razor to all that but there comes a point where there are just too many examples for it to be coincidence or incompetence.

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »
' Scamming taxpayers money to paint an illegal BLM sign on one of the city streets'

Go on then, link please

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2020, 09:40:35 PM »
So it wasn't illegal then, just questionable

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2020, 09:45:27 PM »
I'll tell you what, try painting something on a New York street without a permit and see what happens. Pretty sure it would involve being arrested and charged for normal folk.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2020, 09:58:50 PM »
Why do you appear to support Trump?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2020, 11:27:58 PM »
I'd refute further but well you both know why I best not

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2020, 11:28:13 PM »
Right now he is the least worst choice as Biden would be an even bigger disaster as President than Corbyn would have been as Prime Minister. Honestly I'd love to see a viable non hypocritical and sensible Democratic party not to mention a decent candidate but their current derangement and lurch to the hard left makes them at best a joke and at worst an economic disaster. Look at how they have squandered the last 4 years with their constant witch hunts instead of doing what they promised after Trump was elected and working with the administration. Look at New York, at Portland (where there is still a riot despite what is being claimed) at Seattle, at Chicago where the mayor ignored and then verbally abused an alderman who voiced concerns about rioters heading into residential areas after she blocked access to the commercial area, at California where you can make almost £200k a year as a city worker cleaning human shite off the pavements because they have mismanaged the homelessness problem so badly. Now look at policies that they have proposed, massive tax hikes that will drive people away, the green new deal which would not only cost trillions to implement but would obliterate the massive america oil industry in one fell swoop.

I watched a large part of the Bill Bar inquiry (as much as I could stomach) and the behaviour of the Democrat members was simply appalling, trying to railroad their own narrative over what happened and then talking over him with the 'I'm reclaiming my time' routine when he wouldn't play ball and answered them, hell one member went so far as to accuse Barr and Trump of murder. Then when Jim Jordan tried to call them out over their behaviour he was slammed by Nadler. So much for the unbiased inquiry the electorate deserved.

You have senior members of the Democrats openly supporting defunding the police despite not having any concept of what life would be like with a vastly reduced or abolished force because they can either afford private security or have protection assigned because of their position. It's getting to the point that trucking companies are starting to say they won't offer services to cities that are pushing to defund their police forces in order to protect their employees and I can easily see the ones who would be prepared to deliver not being able to afford the resulting hikes in the required insurance policies.

These are the kind of people being supported, cowards who gang up and throw paint over a pensioner who tried to stop them from destroying buildings.

https://youtu.be/RmarQKEt394

https://youtu.be/bdWG87mXoqM

Offline Nick

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »
Trump is a comprehensively clueless, narcisstic arsehole. The Democrats are slightly to the right of our Tories!!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2020, 07:17:08 PM »
Trump is a comprehensively clueless, narcisstic arsehole. The Democrats are slightly to the right of our Tories!!
The problem being that to the gullible and the well off he's their comprehensively clueless, narcisstic arsehole

What the question should be is how come the Dems have been so limp and picked such a limp candidate to oppose him.  I wouldn't bet the fluff off my navel on Biden winning in November

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »
Unbelievable!!! What about the human rights of the poor bastard he stabbed 21 times?  cussing:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8861311/Killer-asylum-seeker-STAY-Britain.html

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2020, 11:29:20 PM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2021, 03:10:58 PM »
So while out on probation for this drug addled arsehole decides to break into the house of an 87 year old widow, beat the hell out of her and try to smother her so he could help himself to whatever valuables he could find and he only gets 8 years? I'm sorry but if he is already on probation and has no problem with carrying out a violent attack on a pensioner (personally I don't believe the "I can't remember anything" excuse) then he doesn't deserve to be let out again.

Fair play to the grandmother for chasing after him with her late husband's sword though.  Thumbs:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9218945/Grandmother-87-chases-thief-home-late-husbands-military-sword.html