Disgusterous

Author Topic: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For  (Read 49120 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
The part of this that really gets to me is the £10k allowance and only legally having to attend 2 meetings a year.  Banghead
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »
This is more of a prediction but something tells me that he will claim his airfare on expenses.  Banghead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-31832177

A Suffolk man will be right at home in North Carolina where everybody is a blood relative.

drumroll:  lol:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
So a couple of government officials have pissed off from here to encourage tourists from Barbados ....
you couldn't make it up....and then announce it in the media .... Banghead

They have arranged "terms"... noooo:

I must brush up on my darkie speak for the rush....... ::)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2015, 08:23:26 AM »
So according to John Thurso moving away from Apple's products would be too expensive?? Just to clarify, you are saying that, for example, getting £150 android tablets instead would cost more than the £499 iPads?

'A move away from the Apple operating system (iOS) at this time would incur costs to change these processes.
'Members are able to access the intranet and intranet hosted services via their iPads, they are able to access and annotate committee papers and can download a number of Office apps to access any content held within Office 365.

Oh really? Well I suggest you actually check with Microsoft before you try and mislead the public about the costs involved as you can get office 365 on android and reduce costs dramatically. And as for accessing the intranet, ANY machine with a web browser can be configured to do that you gormless mouthbreathing arse, countless businesses use android tablets for secure internal web access without a single issue.  cussing:

https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Office-365-for-business-mobile-apps-for-Android-6ef2ebf2-fc2d-474a-be4a-5a801365c87f?ui=en-US&rs=en-ZA&ad=ZA

£1 million wasted because those in charge want the trendy brand rather than getting the items that would be the best value for money for the taxpayer. Perhaps I'm being overly cynical here but I can't help but wonder if he personally is getting anything from Apple for making this choice.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2015, 08:28:31 AM »
So according to John Thurso moving away from Apple's products would be too expensive?? Just to clarify, you are saying that, for example, getting £150 android tablets instead would cost more than the £499 iPads?

'A move away from the Apple operating system (iOS) at this time would incur costs to change these processes.
'Members are able to access the intranet and intranet hosted services via their iPads, they are able to access and annotate committee papers and can download a number of Office apps to access any content held within Office 365.

Oh really? Well I suggest you actually check with Microsoft before you try and mislead the public about the costs involved as you can get office 365 on android and reduce costs dramatically. And as for accessing the intranet, ANY machine with a web browser can be configured to do that you gormless mouthbreathing arse, countless businesses use android tablets for secure internal web access without a single issue.  cussing:

https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Office-365-for-business-mobile-apps-for-Android-6ef2ebf2-fc2d-474a-be4a-5a801365c87f?ui=en-US&rs=en-ZA&ad=ZA

£1 million wasted because those in charge want the trendy brand rather than getting the items that would be the best value for money for the taxpayer. Perhaps I'm being overly cynical here but I can't help but wonder if he personally is getting anything from Apple for making this choice.

I bet they all have to have the latest iPhone when it is released for the same reasons...  noooo:

...also, the bastards get to keep all their IT stuff when they step down from parliament.... So, if you have a feeling that you are going to be fucked at the GE (or 'just want to spend more time with my family'), you can go out and spunk a load of taxpayer's finest on new hardware and stick it on ebay the week after.....  noooo:

Ker-chiiing!  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2015, 07:56:53 PM »
6.6 million euros to fill in a dump/tip in Polemi (a piss hole village here ).......thanks EU... noooo:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »
6.6 million euros to fill in a dump/tip in Polemi (a piss hole village here ).......thanks EU... noooo:

Mrs ex-Baldy lives there. I might have to thank the EU, are they using concrete?  rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2015, 06:54:17 AM »
I don't even know where to start...  Banghead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3053913/Woman-six-stars-tattooed-face-says-FORCED-claim-benefits-employers-won-t-seriously-wants-free-laser-treatment.html

cussing:

What utter bollox....

...she left her last job and made herself unemployed...

...there a plenty of jobs she could do - stacking shelves, cleaning, etc. but she chooses not to apply for them.

I simply cannot see any reason that she would qualify for benefits...? shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
I have to admit while most of the article set me off I couldn't help but laugh at this bit...

Another great upset is caused by being unable to find a boyfriend, which Miss Bennett says is also down to the inkings.
'I only attract bad boys,' she admits. 'Nice guys don’t fancy me because of my tattoos.’

Lets be honest here, it's not just the tattoos or even the facial ones. I (so I've been told) am a nice guy and if I was on a night out and was approaced by this:

You woudn't see my arse for dust as I leg it in the opposite direction.  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2015, 10:54:47 PM »
But you'd trip over all those that'd passed out with the horror, she'd be upon you and you doomed in a trice  scared2: scared2: scared2:

Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2015, 06:56:31 AM »
I have to admit while most of the article set me off I couldn't help but laugh at this bit...

Another great upset is caused by being unable to find a boyfriend, which Miss Bennett says is also down to the inkings.
'I only attract bad boys,' she admits. 'Nice guys don’t fancy me because of my tattoos.’

Lets be honest here, it's not just the tattoos or even the facial ones. I (so I've been told) am a nice guy and if I was on a night out and was approaced by this:

You woudn't see my arse for dust as I leg it in the opposite direction.  noooo:

The word "munter" springs to mind...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
But you'd trip over all those that'd passed out with the horror, she'd be upon you and you doomed in a trice  scared2: scared2: scared2:

Nope, I spent enough time working in a dodgy nightclub when I was younger to be proficient at dodging the comatose  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
I mostly despair