Author Topic: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For  (Read 48912 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Given how long it seems to be taking to get the new fighters ready I can see them thinking the cost of bolting the ski jump on for the 'short term' to be a viable expense.  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
noooo: noooo:

I will let Apey explain a little regarding your next dole scrounger.

Popcorn:

Apey's immigration advice........will explain later....

Popcorn:

Ok ..working in Limassol ....this guy comes up to me after a week and says "are you from Engleterre" (UK)....yes .." I am from Syria, my friend called me from Engleterre and says the government have given him a house and a 1000 Euros/pounds a month, I do not believe Him"

I told him it was prob true........he could not get his head round it and kept asking why ...try explaining that one to someone who speaks basic English...... noooo:

Next day "How do I get to Englterre, I want to go next month"......I suggest he fly to Egypt first then to England........I now have a new best friend........

the funny thing is he speaks Arabic ? Greek, some English and some Romanian........I told him he will be sorted......... Thumbs:

most people there are Romanian........he missed the joke...... noooo:

Also Baldy has corrupted his working ........ whistle:

...He has noticed that the English do not work as hard as the other people on sight.  redface:

"I want to be like English".....we have a new apprentice.  Thumbs:

The others on site have strict rules regarding lunchtime etc., today he taps his watch with a big smile as he packed up well before the break.  noooo:

Me & Apey are trying to get him down to the infidel's pub before we finish the job.  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »
I hear on the wireless that nice Mr. Osborne is going to give another two billion quid to the NHS!

...what a generous man he is like....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »

Popcorn:

Popcorn:

Ok ..working in Limassol ....this guy comes up to me after a week and says "are you from Engleterre" (UK)....yes .." I am from Syria, my friend called me from Engleterre and says the government have given him a house and a 1000 Euros/pounds a month, I do not believe Him"

I told him it was prob true........he could not get his head round it and kept asking why ...try explaining that one to someone who speaks basic English...... noooo:

Next day "How do I get to Englterre, I want to go next month"......I suggest he fly to Egypt first then to England........I now have a new best friend........

the funny thing is he speaks Arabic ? Greek, some English and some Romanian........I told him he will be sorted......... Thumbs:

...He has noticed that the English do not work as hard as the other people on sight.  redface:

The others on site have strict rules regarding lunchtime etc., today he taps his watch with a big smile as he packed up well before the break.  noooo:

Me & Apey are trying to get him down to the infidel's pub before we finish the job.  Thumbs:

He didn't turn up for work on Monday.......... eeek: 

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »

Popcorn:

Popcorn:

Limassol is a long way for him to commute to from Heathrow.  noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »

Popcorn:

Popcorn:

Limassol is a long way for him to commute to from Heathrow.  noooo:

Halfway to Italy by now

I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2014, 06:46:04 AM »
4 panes of glass need to be replaced in Portcullis House, shouldn't cost that much I hear you say. Well you may want to sit down for this one as the total cost is going to be in the region of £488k for temporary repairs with permanent ones likely to double that amount.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2884511/Taxpayers-500-000-bill-fix-four-panes-glass-MPs-offices-Politicians-approve-sum-temporary-repairs-235m-building.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2014, 06:53:37 AM »
4 panes of glass need to be replaced in Portcullis House, shouldn't cost that much I hear you say. Well you may want to sit down for this one as the total cost is going to be in the region of £488k for temporary repairs with permanent ones likely to double that amount.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2884511/Taxpayers-500-000-bill-fix-four-panes-glass-MPs-offices-Politicians-approve-sum-temporary-repairs-235m-building.html

Shocked:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »

Shocked:
Shocked:  Shocked:   Banghead

I guess they never thought about gong back to the original architects and builder and said "tell you what, you fix it between you or neither of you will never get any government work ever again"

That's what you or I would do if we paid for a glass monstrosity that started falling on people.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
Given that almost half of the cost of the temporary fix is a 'consultation fee' I'm of the opinion that it is a case of backhanders and jobs for the boys rather than what is best for the taxpayer.  cussing:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »

Shocked:
Shocked:  Shocked:   Banghead

I guess they never thought about gong back to the original architects and builder and said "tell you what, you fix it between you or neither of you will never get any government work ever again"

That's what you or I would do if we paid for a glass monstrosity that started falling on people.

Quite so....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »
We are living in a time of cutbacks where essential services are suffering due to a lack of funds, for example Devon and Cornwall Police are having to make officers redundant due to a £9 million cut in their budget in the next financial year. So why the hell are we still subsidising these privileged troughers in the House of Lords £2 million so that they can enjoy delicacies like 'Prawn and lobster meat folded into Avugar caviar' with 'lemon mayonnaise, with tomato and cucumber salsa and grilled baby gem lettuce' for just £10, 'Squid ink linguine, served with sautéed mixed shellfish, roasted red peppers coulis, mixed with lemon and flat leaf parsley topped with parmesan shavings' for £9 or  'grilled breast of guinea fowl, served with café au lait, sautéed kale and parsnip crisps' for £9.50 or a grilled minute steak for £10.

One peer even complained he would get a better-value breakfast for £36 at London's five-star Ritz Hotel.

Well here is a radical thought for you, fuck off down there instead of fleecing the taxpayer because you feel you are 'entitled to it'

We don't pay our taxes so that you can shamelessly stuff your faces with fine food at our bleedin' expense you shameless bastards and given the cash for honours scandal you can't even say that you have been chosen to represent the people.

How many nurses could you pay for each year for the cost of your dining habits? How many police officers?

And this is without taking into account the taxpayer funded cafeterias for MP's and their staff.

What did callmedave say at the start of the last government? "We are all in this together"

I'll believe that when I see MP's and Lords taking lunches in with them or going to Subway instead of taking the piss with taxpayers money that is sorely needed elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2903734/Lavish-Lords-restaurants-serving-cut-price-lobster-caviar-guinea-fowl-lose-2million-year-pick-bill.html 

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »
We are living in a time of cutbacks where essential services are suffering due to a lack of funds, for example Devon and Cornwall Police are having to make officers redundant due to a £9 million cut in their budget in the next financial year. So why the hell are we still subsidising these privileged troughers in the House of Lords £2 million so that they can enjoy delicacies like 'Prawn and lobster meat folded into Avugar caviar' with 'lemon mayonnaise, with tomato and cucumber salsa and grilled baby gem lettuce' for just £10, 'Squid ink linguine, served with sautéed mixed shellfish, roasted red peppers coulis, mixed with lemon and flat leaf parsley topped with parmesan shavings' for £9 or  'grilled breast of guinea fowl, served with café au lait, sautéed kale and parsnip crisps' for £9.50 or a grilled minute steak for £10.

One peer even complained he would get a better-value breakfast for £36 at London's five-star Ritz Hotel.

Well here is a radical thought for you, fuck off down there instead of fleecing the taxpayer because you feel you are 'entitled to it'

We don't pay our taxes so that you can shamelessly stuff your faces with fine food at our bleedin' expense you shameless bastards and given the cash for honours scandal you can't even say that you have been chosen to represent the people.

How many nurses could you pay for each year for the cost of your dining habits? How many police officers?

And this is without taking into account the taxpayer funded cafeterias for MP's and their staff.

What did callmedave say at the start of the last government? "We are all in this together"

I'll believe that when I see MP's and Lords taking lunches in with them or going to Subway instead of taking the piss with taxpayers money that is sorely needed elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2903734/Lavish-Lords-restaurants-serving-cut-price-lobster-caviar-guinea-fowl-lose-2million-year-pick-bill.html

Same shit here........ noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2015, 06:19:25 PM »
 noooo: noooo:  who do they think they're kidding?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
 noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: