Disgusterous

Author Topic: Sod it I've applied  (Read 9232 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Sod it I've applied
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
Given the logistics weight will be severely restricted so I'm guessing you'd only be allowed one of those single serving bottles....  whistle:

eeek:

How about in Business Class....?????
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
That was business class  lol:

Bear in mind only 24 people are planned for the first landing BM  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 10:52:26 PM »
That was business class  lol:

Bear in mind only 24 people are planned for the first landing BM  rubschin:

How they going to sort the demographics?  Once upon a time it'd have been 12 blokes, 12 wimmin of child bearing age but there's be so many objections to that now.  Have to have at least 1 gay, 1 sheep for the Welshman and a spare wife or two for the Mormon

So chances are you'd get an ugly one
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »
There isn't any mention of it but I think the demographics for the first team are going to be geared exclusively towards setting up the site rather than any specific balance as the plan is to send consecutive flights out every 2 years.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 11:20:21 PM »
Reminds me of the final escipode of this (so it's good they didn't select you)

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Episode 6

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
Reminds me of the final escipode of this (so it's good they didn't select you)

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Episode 6

The 'B' Ark brilliant IMO. lol: lol: lol:  Thank you Steve I needed that.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2562957/Muslim-leaders-issue-fatwa-against-living-MARS-no-righteous-reason-there.html

noooo:

Good grief.... doh:

Pity the closing date for applicants has passed, that would have at least doubled the number of people wanting to go.  rubschin:

I do have one question though, if this is un-islamic on the grounds that killing yourself is forbidden in the Koran how the hell do they explain why there are so many suicide bombers?  Banghead

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 10:25:05 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2562957/Muslim-leaders-issue-fatwa-against-living-MARS-no-righteous-reason-there.html

noooo:

Good grief.... doh:

Pity the closing date for applicants has passed, that would have at least doubled the number of people wanting to go.  rubschin:

I do have one question though, if this is un-islamic on the grounds that killing yourself is forbidden in the Koran how the hell do they explain why there are so many suicide bombers?  Banghead

My thoughts too  Thumbs:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
Great minds Boogsy  cloud9:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »

noooo:

Good grief.... doh:

My thoughts too  Thumbs:
Its all about usurping power, if the faith gets in the way of those bastard leaders then it is sidelined

What I can never work out is why no groomed suicide bomber has ever seemed to have the nerve to say "oh leader deny yourself no more, it's your turn to enjoy martyrdom with those virgins."

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
I suspect that there are those that have and they have been the victim of so called 'honour killings'  rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
So the creators of Big Brother are going to make a version of the show for the prospective Mars colonists? All of a sudden being one of the thousands not to make it past the first selection seems to be a good thing.  noooo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2647104/Big-Brother-takes-MARS-Creators-reality-TV-document-progress-Mars-One-mission-applicants.html

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General