Disgusterous

Author Topic: Outrageous!  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Outrageous!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »
Bollocks! It's just another example of "Snouts in the Trough"!
Why of course, if you want it to be true it must be true

Just like Cameron Diaz coming round later for a spot of 'fun'

Say hello from me  :thumbsup:    Mrs K off out then   ;)
Seems Ms Diaz has blanked me out  - yet again!!!

Prolly for the best, Mrs K having bought even more hi tech (and looking painful if inserted) knitting needles today
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »
Another example of money grabbing politicians which does beg the question how much money has made in into party coffers that was meant for the government at that time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10242041/Coalition-parties-to-give-520k-spinster-donation-to-Treasury.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »
Another example of money grabbing politicians which does beg the question how much money has made in into party coffers that was meant for the government at that time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10242041/Coalition-parties-to-give-520k-spinster-donation-to-Treasury.html

Indeed.... weren't they quick to trouser the munny.....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »

And you wouldn't?

It was the Executors of the will that effed it up.  They said it said to go to whoever is in government but it didn't, it said to go to "whichever government is in office at the date of my death for the government in their absolute discretion to use as they may think fit".

In a statement on Wednesday Davis Wood, the solicitors handling Miss Edwards's estate, said that when the will was drafted in 2001, they had checked with her "the unusual nature of her proposed bequest".

"It was confirmed by Miss Edwards at the time of her instructions that her estate was to be left to whichever political party formed the government at the date of her death," they said.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »

And you wouldn't?

It was the Executors of the will that effed it up.  They said it said to go to whoever is in government but it didn't, it said to go to "whichever government is in office at the date of my death for the government in their absolute discretion to use as they may think fit".

In a statement on Wednesday Davis Wood, the solicitors handling Miss Edwards's estate, said that when the will was drafted in 2001, they had checked with her "the unusual nature of her proposed bequest".

"It was confirmed by Miss Edwards at the time of her instructions that her estate was to be left to whichever political party formed the government at the date of her death," they said.

Oh noes...  angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 04:41:25 PM »
I have to admit I'm wondering if the will wasn't made deliberately vague to show exactly what sort of people we have running this circus.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »
Right thought wrong target imho

IMHO the question to ask is to the solicitors "if she made it so clear that the money was to go to a political party, why did you write the will for her so it actually goes to the Treasury"

Whatever the true answer to that is, I suspect it will not be disconnected from the fact that the longer it takes to resolve something the richer solicitors get.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
Right thought wrong target imho

IMHO the question to ask is to the solicitors "if she made it so clear that the money was to go to a political party, why did you write the will for her so it actually goes to the Treasury"

Whatever the true answer to that is, I suspect it will not be disconnected from the fact that the longer it takes to resolve something the richer solicitors get.

Quite so.  cussing:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
I have to admit I'm wondering if the will wasn't made deliberately vague to show exactly what sort of people we have running this circus.

:thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .