Disgusterous

Author Topic: Whining About Wine!  (Read 47737 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Whining About Wine!
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:04:58 AM »

As you can see, UK duty is nearly £2 a bottle (£1.90 now, rising to £2 in the next Budget) and there’s 20% VAT on the duty and the wine. UK wine retailers – whether supermarkets, merchants, websites or shops – have to add the dreaded £1.90 duty to the cost of the bottle before adding their margin and VAT. By contrast, there is no duty in Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Portugal and many other EU countries. In France, it’s 3p.

Clicky...

cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: Whining About Wine!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:17:05 AM »
I note that my favourite red (Sainsbury's house Cote de Rhone) has just suffered a 13% rise  cussing:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:24:07 AM »
I note that my favourite red (Sainsbury's house Cote de Rhone) has just suffered a 13% rise  cussing:

Fecking outrageous!  cussing:

I wonder how much Lidl Red I can get in my suitcase at €2.99 a bottle....  rubschin:

Of course, the bottom line is that if they didn't steal it from you when you bought a bottle of wine they'd have to take it from elsewhere...

...which begs the question, 'where does all the money go...?'

I've been away from the UK for ten years now... and the country is completely, financially fucked - in debt to the tune of trillions....

When I return in a week, will I see any evidence that any of the money has been wisely spent....?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »

When I return in a week, will I see any evidence that any of the money has been wisely spent....?

Simple answer ~ no.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »

I wonder how much Lidl Red I can get in my suitcase at €2.99 a bottle....  rubschin:

Of course, the bottom line is that if they didn't steal it from you when you bought a bottle of wine they'd have to take it from elsewhere...

I've been away from the UK for ten years now... and the country is completely, financially fucked - in debt to the tune of trillions....

Is Cyprus in any better position or many European countries for that matter ?
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »

Simple answer ~ no.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 09:18:44 AM »

Simple answer ~ no.

K.I.S.S.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:44 AM »

Simple answer ~ no.

K.I.S.S.

And back to you sweetheart....  eyes:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 09:27:08 AM »

Simple answer ~ no.

K.I.S.S.

And back to you sweetheart....  eyes:

Shocked:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
Shall I buy a hat ?
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »

Simple answer ~ no.

But I know where I would rather be ..........

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »
Also booze is going up here soon .........spoke to a rep the other day ..........so no more 5 litres vino for 6.50............... evil:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
Also booze is going up here soon .........spoke to a rep the other day ..........so no more 5 litres vino for 6.50............... evil:

sad24:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »

sad24:

He is a carlsberg rep .........government orders something to do with this bail out .... rubschin:

Next they are checking entertainers for tax etc............. scared2: