Author Topic: 'Alledged' betting scam.  (Read 1533 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: 'Alledged' betting scam.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 10:12:52 PM »
I'm not condoning the players actions, but have the Police got nothing better to do than investigate this. If they were to investigate every time somebody had a winning bet because somebody had a bit of inside information, they'd never have time to investigate anything else.

I use to work in a bookies in the late 70's and we use to get the odd tip on horses then, sometimes to bet on a particular horse, and other times not to bet on it that time because it was gong to be held back etc so that in the next race you would get a better price and it was likely to win, that tended to be good information

This still goes on now, an ex-colleague will ring up five minutes before a dog race and say "trap 6, in the 1123" etc. Off the lads will toddle, and sometimes they win, other times they don't. I don't get involved in the dogs because they have a mind of their own, whereas horses can at least be steered.

Poor bookies, my heart bleeds for them

It's 'easy meat' for the rozzers though. I mean just how absolutely thick have you got to be to place a bet on some random no mark of a player, playing for some random no mark of a club getting sent off?
Why would anyone actually place such a bet, and more to the point, why would a bookie take such a bet anyway? Shrugs:
The actual randomness of it would be sounding alarms to most normal thinking people surely, but there again, we're talking about a bunch of tossers that probably haven't got a brain cell between them.

GUILTY....imo. :thumbsup:

Wot Growler said ............one of the last "scandals" was over throw-ins .........Who tf bets on that............. noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »
I'm going to the bookies tomorrow to place a bet on me hell ichopper pilot losing control and smashing into the North face of the Eiger.
I shall twat him over the 'ed as we approach it like, and I'll be a millionaire instantly!! :thumbsup:

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 05:22:30 AM »
I'm going to the bookies tomorrow to place a bet on me hell ichopper pilot losing control and smashing into the North face of the Eiger.
I shall twat him over the 'ed as we approach it like, and I'll be a millionaire instantly!! :thumbsup:
But you will also be dead Growler!! Anyway good luck climbin yer big 'ill :thumbsup:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:16 AM »
I'm not condoning the players actions, but have the Police got nothing better to do than investigate this. If they were to investigate every time somebody had a winning bet because somebody had a bit of inside information, they'd never have time to investigate anything else.

I use to work in a bookies in the late 70's and we use to get the odd tip on horses then, sometimes to bet on a particular horse, and other times not to bet on it that time because it was gong to be held back etc so that in the next race you would get a better price and it was likely to win, that tended to be good information

This still goes on now, an ex-colleague will ring up five minutes before a dog race and say "trap 6, in the 1123" etc. Off the lads will toddle, and sometimes they win, other times they don't. I don't get involved in the dogs because they have a mind of their own, whereas horses can at least be steered.

Poor bookies, my heart bleeds for them

Sea sickness pills work a treat... allegedly....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »
But you will also be dead Growler!! Anyway good luck climbin yer big 'ill :thumbsup:

Oh bollox. Really? D'ya reckon? eeek:

I s'pose I could open the door first in readiness for bailing out like before twatting the driver one d'ya think?
I could tell him that it's a bit stuffy in there and need some fresh air, to instantly quell any suspicions. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be minted, and no one will ever know just how I did it. angel1

Eat yer fat 'eart out fat Rooney, you cock knob. eatdrink013
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:14:15 AM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »
Wayne Rooney's father has vowed to clear his name after being arrested on suspicion of being involved in a football betting scam.

Mr Rooney's solicitor said his client "vigorously" denied the charges and was "co-operating fully" with the police investigation.

Wayne Rooney Snr, 48, was bailed pending further inquiries after being detained earlier when police swooped at his home in West Derby, Liverpool.

Anthony Barnfather, partner at Pannone solicitors who are representing Mr Rooney Snr, said in a statement: "Mr Rooney vigorously denies all of these allegations. We are co-operating fully with the investigation. No further comment will be made at this time."

Eight other people, including the Manchester United star's uncle, Richie, 54, and Liverpool-born Motherwell midfielder Steve Jennings, 26, were also arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud.

He's pleading his innocence now, ahhh bless. angel1
Uncle Richie too. cloud9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 07:38:29 AM »

Oh bollox. Really? D'ya reckon? eeek:

I s'pose I could open the door first in readiness for bailing out like before twatting the driver one d'ya think?
I could tell him that it's a bit stuffy in there and need some fresh air, to instantly quell any suspicions. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be minted, and no one will ever know just how I did it. angel1

Eat yer fat 'eart out fat Rooney, you cock knob. eatdrink013

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 09:42:16 AM »
I wonder if his dad and Uncle had a bet

England secured their place at Euro 2012 with a scrambled draw in Montenegro - but Wayne Rooney was sent off and will miss the start of the tournament.
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »
So Wayne Rooney's dad was arrested after a betting scam on a Motherwell game.

Police apparently became suspicious after hearing somebody had shown an interest in Scottish football.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
So Wayne Rooney's dad was arrested after a betting scam on a Motherwell game.

Police apparently became suspicious after hearing somebody had shown an interest in Scottish football.

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: