Disgusterous

Author Topic: Dominic Cummings  (Read 388 times)

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: Dominic Cummings
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 08:29:14 AM »
However well or badly any government handled the pandemic, it was a poisoned chalice and an opportunity for their opponents and any other chancer to score big points.
Cummings is a self-publicist who needs to be in the spotlight and will also have seen a great commercial opportunity for book/tabloid/film/speaking revenue.
Anyway, his eyes are too far down his face to be trustworthy.

Which Labour totally failed to take.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 08:37:17 AM »
However well or badly any government handled the pandemic, it was a poisoned chalice and an opportunity for their opponents and any other chancer to score big points.
Cummings is a self-publicist who needs to be in the spotlight and will also have seen a great commercial opportunity for book/tabloid/film/speaking revenue.
Anyway, his eyes are too far down his face to be trustworthy.

Which Labour totally failed to take.

In all honesty I'm not certain that Labour will survive for that much longer. Starmer has proved to be completely ineffective as leader and I'm not convinced that whoever ends up being his successor will be able to pull off the miracle the party needs.
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 09:04:35 AM »
Sky has reassembled his testimony into a timeline  https://news.sky.com/story/dominic-cummings-hearing-the-inside-story-of-the-timeline-of-the-weeks-before-covid-lockdown-12317517

As someone put it on another forum:  'what a fucking shambles'
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 08:28:04 AM »
Where's he gone?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:28 AM »
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2021, 10:45:48 AM »
Where's he gone?
Seems to be having a lie down since he finished that 85 tweet essay last Thursday https://twitter.com/Dominic2306

He certainly hasn't gone away, Gove will want him back helping him when he challenges Boris for PM
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)