Disgusterous

Author Topic: Windows 10 free upgrade offer  (Read 54684 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Windows 10 free upgrade offer
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2018, 07:14:03 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »
Dear Microsoft,

Just a suggestion but the next time you roll out a content update for Windows 10 please test it first to make sure it isn't going to crash MID UPDATE!!!  cussing:
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2018, 04:45:23 AM »
Dear Microsoft,

Just a suggestion but the next time you roll out a content update for Windows 10 please test it first to make sure it isn't going to crash MID UPDATE!!!  cussing:

Mine got into a 'Restart now?' loop for evah....  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2018, 05:12:11 AM »
Dear Microsoft,

There is a setting I found that allows you to defer updates for a month. Something tells me I'm going to be using that a lot...  noooo:
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2018, 05:21:07 AM »
Dear Microsoft,

There is a setting I found that allows you to defer updates for a month. Something tells me I'm going to be using that a lot...  noooo:

Both of ours are working fine with it now... Can't see much difference apart from the desktop wallpaper going missing...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2018, 10:06:09 PM »
Have had to spend about 5 hours this weekend getting my puter back to where it was before the last frickin update.

What a mare . Looped forever and then only gave a recycle bin ..everything else ....absolutely everything else was missing  angry041:

Had to reset the whole frickin lot  angry041:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »
PICNIC  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2018, 10:25:09 PM »
 censored: angry041: Banghead
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »
Have had to spend about 5 hours this weekend getting my puter back to where it was before the last frickin update.

What a mare . Looped forever and then only gave a recycle bin ..everything else ....absolutely everything else was missing  angry041:

Had to reset the whole frickin lot  angry041:

happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2018, 07:24:15 AM »
wasn't a problem here but then it is a Microsoft PC.  Started it about 11pm and when I came down at 3am (to sort out cat related issues) it was all done
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
Well Hallebloodylujah it's almost JULY and I've finally been able to get the APRIL creator's update to install without bluescreening.  Shocked:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »
Well Hallebloodylujah it's almost JULY and I've finally been able to get the APRIL creator's update to install without bluescreening.  Shocked:

You should have got a man in...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #327 on: August 08, 2018, 11:51:14 AM »
As much as I'd like to say that this is just another hysterical Express article I've seen just how pervasive 'games as a service' has become (to the detriment of the consumer) and have a sinking feeling that we are now going to see OS as a service...  noooo:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/999646/Windows-10-update-monthly-fee-Microsoft-charging

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2018, 08:45:02 PM »
As much as I'd like to say that this is just another hysterical Express article I've seen just how pervasive 'games as a service' has become (to the detriment of the consumer) and have a sinking feeling that we are now going to see OS as a service...  noooo:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/999646/Windows-10-update-monthly-fee-Microsoft-charging
Believable, Office has effectively already gone that way
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2018, 04:31:42 AM »

Prolly makes sense for certain users - small companies that can't afford dedicated IT for instance...

...not for SuperUsers like me tho obvs.  angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs: