Author Topic: Barman's All New Quadcopter Thread  (Read 71957 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Barman's All New Quadcopter Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 26, 2019, 11:33:00 PM »
Professional photographer today had a phone-drone thing ..... rubschin:

I hope his pictures were better than yours!  lol:

On a grand a day I hope so .... eeek:

A bag of sand?  Shocked:

Yep ..for Photos only .... eeek:  not video ..

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2019, 03:59:24 AM »

A bag of sand?  Shocked:

I did a wedding for a free buffet...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2019, 11:58:35 AM »

A bag of sand?  Shocked:

eeek:

Wait ...

You posted that .... Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2019, 12:04:04 PM »

A bag of sand?  Shocked:

I'm sure LL realised but hoped it was for more.  But what was her reason?
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
Chain gun? Rockets? Twin shotguns? Just how big is this bloody hexacopter?  eeek:

“Fixed with twin stabilised shotguns, [the i9] is also expected to undergo trials with other weapons including rockets and chain guns,” reports The Times. The i9 hexacopter is absolutely built to carry weapons, and to use them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kelseyatherton/2020/09/30/uk-mounts-shotguns-on-drone-for-urban-battles/

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2020, 11:07:06 AM »
Chain gun? Rockets? Twin shotguns? Just how big is this bloody hexacopter?  eeek:

“Fixed with twin stabilised shotguns, [the i9] is also expected to undergo trials with other weapons including rockets and chain guns,” reports The Times. The i9 hexacopter is absolutely built to carry weapons, and to use them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kelseyatherton/2020/09/30/uk-mounts-shotguns-on-drone-for-urban-battles/

eveilgrin:

I suppose an automatic shotgun wouldn't have too much recoil but I'd have thought a chaingun would be difficult to cope with...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2020, 11:36:16 AM »

eveilgrin:

I suppose an automatic shotgun wouldn't have too much recoil but I'd have thought a chaingun would be difficult to cope with...  rubschin:

That's why I wondered just how big the platform was
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2020, 12:32:53 PM »

eveilgrin:

That's why I wondered just how big the platform was

According to The Times, Strategic Command in the United Kingdom is working with an unnamed British company to develop a 3-foot long, six-rotor drone, designed for urban conflict and named, simply, the i9.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »
a 3 foot long stable platfom capable of mounting a minigun and firing accurately? Something tells me that aim will be shunted a little.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »
a 3 foot long stable platfom capable of mounting a minigun and firing accurately? Something tells me that aim will be shunted a little.

I smell something....  rubschin:  turd:

Fact is, for indoor you don't need a minigun do you...? Or rocket or bazooka or whatever...  noooo:

A short-barrelled, unchoked shotgun with a light (~24g) load would fill most rooms and barely needs to be aimed. I reckon a light load auto shotgun (recoil absorbed by the loading mechanism) would be easy to accommodate...  Thumbs:

But you could still disable it by throwing a tea towel over it... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2020, 01:48:03 PM »
Fact is, for indoor you don't need a minigun do you...? Or rocket or bazooka or whatever...  noooo:

I refer the gentleman to maxim 37: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload  :thumbsup:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2020, 10:39:49 PM »

A short-barrelled, unchoked shotgun with a light (~24g) load would fill most rooms and barely needs to be aimed. I reckon a light load auto shotgun (recoil absorbed by the loading mechanism) would be easy to accommodate...  Thumbs:

Or an anorak ... whistle:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #492 on: October 12, 2020, 04:02:31 AM »

lol: lol: lol: evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »

lol: lol: lol: lol:
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2020, 11:20:09 PM »

lol: lol: lol: lol:
  lol: lol: lol: lol: lol:
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)