Come Inside... > The Computer Room

Youtube adverts

(1/3) > >>

Grumpmeister:
I've got used to Youtube having adverts between videos now but recently I'm seeing a massive jump in ads for heavy duty military hardware such as the Iron Dome anti missile system, air to air missiles and military vehicles. Just what the hell is coming that means YouTube thinks that their viewers need this much protection.  eeek:

Barman:

--- Quote from: Grumpmeister on April 22, 2021, 09:46:12 PM ---I've got used to Youtube having adverts between videos now but recently I'm seeing a massive jump in ads for heavy duty military hardware such as the Iron Dome anti missile system, air to air missiles and military vehicles. Just what the hell is coming that means YouTube thinks that their viewers need this much protection.  eeek:

--- End quote ---

eeek:

Adblock removes all the YT ads on my laptop so it is quite a surprise to see them when watching YT on the tellybox... They are mostly for the local supermarket tho...

...what have you been searching for...?  rubschin:

apc2010:

--- Quote from: Barman on April 23, 2021, 06:04:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grumpmeister on April 22, 2021, 09:46:12 PM ---I've got used to Youtube having adverts between videos now but recently I'm seeing a massive jump in ads for heavy duty military hardware such as the Iron Dome anti missile system, air to air missiles and military vehicles. Just what the hell is coming that means YouTube thinks that their viewers need this much protection.  eeek:

--- End quote ---

eeek:

Adblock removes all the YT ads on my laptop so it is quite a surprise to see them when watching YT on the tellybox... They are mostly for the local supermarket tho...

--- End quote ---

Heavy metal ..... rubschin:

Grumpmeister:

--- Quote from: Barman on April 23, 2021, 06:04:32 AM ---

--- End quote ---

eeek:

--- End quote ---

Music videos, some news channels and a bunch of historical videos (classical history stuff from lindybeige, castle design stuff from shadiversity, megaprojects, age of sail stuff from deachinifels) along with whatever random stuff Youtube adds in but I haven't seen anything that would make the algorithm think I'm either a major military power or interested in becoming an arms broker. 

I would use adblock or something similar but my fire stick doesn't seem to like it noooo:

Grumpmeister:
And it's started again, now Rafael and Rhinemetall are getting in on the act. Apparently I must REALLY need an area denial system...  eeek:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version