Author Topic: Handbags  (Read 717 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Handbags
« on: September 02, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »
An incident today, and many more over the years, made me wonder if handbags are a sign of evolutionary failure. Surely, women should by now have evolved pouches, like kangaroos, to carry all that junk around in  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Handbags
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:19:58 AM »
An incident today, and many more over the years, made me wonder if handbags are a sign of evolutionary failure. Surely, women should by now have evolved pouches, like kangaroos, to carry all that junk around in  rubschin:

Or have pockets like blokes...? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:52:42 AM »
You can't hit whoever is pissing you off with a pouch or pocket  ::)
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Online Nick

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:04:11 AM »
Every pouch will have a baseball bat compartment  ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »

Obviously... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 08:18:00 AM »

Baseball bat? You philistine, anyone can swing a bat but using a handbag as an offensive weapon is a martial art.  noooo:
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »

Well all proper blokes

Do occasionally see the odd man bag on the odd bloke.  And imho they are very odd
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »

Well all proper blokes

Do occasionally see the odd man bag on the odd bloke.  And imho they are very odd

Sright!  Thumbs:

And stuff your pockets with, er stuff so you have to wear a belt to keep your trousers up...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »

Well all proper blokes

Sright!  Thumbs:

And stuff your pockets with, er stuff so you have to wear a belt to keep your trousers up...  redface:

Ah but is it a man bag or an EDC pouch?  rubschin:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 02:10:11 PM »

Well all proper blokes

Sright!  Thumbs:

I have a man bag for work... cussing:....

Keep extra bits (connectors ) for work ..ciggies..pens etc ...

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 02:13:05 PM »

Well all proper blokes

Sright!  Thumbs:

and your moisturiser, kleenex, phone, comb, purse . . . . ?

no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 02:37:39 PM »

Well all proper blokes

Sright!  Thumbs:

and your moisturiser, kleenex, phone, comb, purse . . . . ?

It also has a sign on the front saying "Property of LL, if found wandering unaccompanied please return to..."  whistle:

Online Nick

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »
I have a shoulder bag for my laptop. It is made of goatskin. It stinks like goat cheese  cloud9:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 03:15:02 PM »
I have a shoulder bag for my laptop. It is made of goatskin. It stinks like goat cheese  cloud9:

That's been left on a radiator or in a car overnight?  whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »
And where do you fellas then store your glasses cases , the carrier bags for your shopping,  the car keys that are 'uncomfortable in your precious pockets, the hand sanitiser,  face mask and tissues etc  noooo:
Skubber